28 | ORGAN GRINDER PT. 1

✯               ✯               ✯

✯ ✯ ✯

A couple of days had passed since Monroe was ambushed and Isabelle and Nick had received the message about the reapers, and despite Monroe's reassurances Isabelle still worried about his safety. He had gotten hurt because of her and Nick's ability to see the creatures that were hidden within certain individuals. But he, like her cousin, was too stubborn to surrender fighting back.

So while Nick was off talking with Monroe about possibly revealing Juliette to the world of Grimm Isabelle had her own plan for the day. Grabbing her phone as it rings she quickly answers it.

"Detective Kessler." Isabelle says.

"I've got the security footage you asked for. I sent it to your email." Wu informs her.

"Awesome. Thanks, Wu." Isabelle smiles.

"Well your praise is what I live for." Wu retorts and Isabelle can't help but laugh as she hangs up.

Shoving her phone in her pocket Isabelle walks over to her desk and turns on her laptop. Logging into her email she pulls up the security footage that Wu had sent her. After a couple seconds of staring at a frozen picture of the front of the Harrison office complex downtown the video starts to play.

More than ten minutes pass by and it's just a sea of normal pedestrians passing by. Fighting the urge to aggressively punch in the screen Isabelle hits the fast forward button. Seeing Monroe come into the frame she quickly clicks play, watching closely as he walks across the square. Noticing him stop by one of the office space entrances she almost jumps out of her chair as her phone rings.

"Hello?" Isabelle breathes out, running her hand through her hair as she tries calm her racing heart.

"Isabelle, it's Wu — again." Wu tells her. "Guess what I have. And before you say anything, it's not the Ferrari you've been asking for."

✯ ✯ ✯

"Hey." Wu greets as Isabelle, Nick, and Hank reach the crime scene. "White male, late teens, looks like something pecked out his eyes."

"I see that." Isabelle mutters earning a soft laugh from Hank and Wu.

"Any I.D.?" Nick asks.

"Nothing on him except for this." Wu responds showing them what was in his hand. "It was in his pocket."

"Puka shell necklace. I haven't seen one of those since I was in Waikiki on my first honeymoon." Hank muses.