19 | LET DOWN YOUR HAIR PT. 1

✯               ✯               ✯

For the first time in a long time Isabelle got a call, and it wasn't early in the morning or late at night. It was just after eight and Isabelle had just finished her shower. And after taking the backroads she, Nick and Hank all ride four wheelers to the crime scene.

"Wow. I haven't seen a drug plantation this big since.." Isabelle starts, stopping mid sentence as Nick and Hank give her a look. "Ever. I've never seen a drug farm in my life."

"Uh, huh." Hank mutters as they reach the victim. "Ooh, that is one broken neck. From those abrasions they probably used a pretty hefty rope."

"Well, what do you know? It's Delmar Blake." Officer Belmont says.

"You know this guy?" Isabelle inquires.

"We've been looking for this guy for three years." Officer Belmont tells them.

"What'd he do?" Nick asks.

"Just about everything." Officer Belmont replies. "We knew he was moving drugs, we just didn't realize he was growing them."

Kneeling down to the ground Nick pulls out pliers from his pocket and pulls a hair off of the body.

"Hair." Hank says.

"Obviously not his." Nick adds.

"Well, it's definitely female." Isabelle comments.

"How do you know?" Hank questions.

"Trust me, I know girl hair when I see it." Isabelle assures him.

"Think he's got a girlfriend around here?" Hank inquires.

"It is possible for drug hoarders and distributors to have girlfriends." Isabelle remarks before walking to the middle of the drug camp. "Campbell, anything for us in there?"

"Well, it's kind of weird. There's not a bit of food left, no sleeping bag, no blankets. You you millions of dollars worth of marijuana plants out there and not one of them was taken." Officer Campbell answers.

"So he wasn't killed for his drug supply, but for his camping equipment that you can buy at any outdoor retail store?" Isabelle asks.

"That's what it looks like." Officer Campbell nods.

"Somebody got their priorities screwed up." Nick retorts.