Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Arielle

“WHAT?! No, Arie you are going. I can’t believe you did that to that boy.” My mom yelled at me. I just rolled my eyes.

“Mom, Jaron and I are a couple now…it just wouldn’t seem right but me and Tyrin can still be friends.” I said.

“You sound really stupid right now Arielle. It’s so close to prom so who is he supposed to go with? When you become a senior next year and a month or so before your prom Jaron says oh I can’t go to prom with you because I have another girl. Arielle that is wrong on so many levels. I don’t care what nobody says you go to his house, apologize and tell him you are going to prom with him.” She said.

“Fine, whatever. It’s no winning with you.” I said grabbing my car keys off the table and heading out the door.

I got in my car and headed to Tyrin’s house. I was so nervous because I didn’t know how any of this was going to play out. I got to his house within twenty minutes and went and knocked on the door.

He opened the door with his Polo pajama pants on and no shirt and I was just staring at his body.

“What you doing here?” Tyrin said staring at me.

“I wanted to come talk to you about what happened two days ago about us…” I said.

“It ain’t nothing to talk about Arielle, you said what you had to say so that’s cool with me.” He said.

“No Tyrin. Can I please come in?” I said to him.

“Your boyfriend ain’t gonna trip about you coming in here with me?”

I sighed and looked away not saying anything.

“You know what just forget I even came.” I said turning to leave but he grabbed my hand and pulled me in the house.

“What you want to talk about?” he asked closing the door.

“I just want to apologize if I came off the wrong way and I change my mind about the prom thing. I’ll go with you.” I said.

He laughed sarcastically.

“I accept your apology, but I’m not gonna deal with you flip-floppin on me because of whatever is going on over there. Don’t even worry about going to the prom with me because I got that straighten out so you don’t have to be forced to do anything you don’t want to. You know that shit you pulled over the phone was past fucked up Arielle because I know you had that nigga talking in yo ear before you called me. You know what the real fucked up part about this whole situation is that after he fuck with your feelings again you gonna be trying to call me and have me comfort you. I didn’t ask shit from you but to be your friend and to go to prom with me and you said fuck them both so you know what it’s all good. I’ll keep my distance from you and you just keep your distance from me. I hate it have to be like this but I don’t like drama, I’m laid back ass nigga but you just lost a loyal ass friend on some real shit.” He said staring at me.

“Jaron wasn’t telling me anything Tyrin and I still want to be friends with you it’s just that some of the things we can’t.” I said.

“What the fuck was we doing in the beginning…nothing? Why you acting like this?”

“Because I have known Jaron my entire life, he knows more about me than you do. I just met you not too long ago but he’s always going to be the friend that was never there for me.” I said.

“Are you fucking serious?! His ass ain’t shit if you ask me, if anything I was your only friend but you can’t even hold that title no more cause I’m done with this bullshit Arielle. When Nia and his ass left you at school with nobody, I was the only friend you had and you grew up with him and he knows this much about you.”

“We argue sometime but I love him Tyrin, why are you so jealous?”

He shook his head.

“Arielle, I will put my hand on a stack of bibles I’m not jealous of anything but you need to open your damn eyes and see what the hell is happening right in front of you.  Since you just met you don’t even have to worry about me no more because in a few months I’ll be gone for good. I hate it’s ending like this but I’m not the type that put up with bullshit. I wish the best for you and him and you can just delete my name out your contacts.” He said.

“Why can’t we be friends Tyrin? You don’t make any sense!” I said.

“I don’t make any sense because you only hear what you want to hear! You don’t like hearing the damn truth and that’s what your problem is. I just hope one day you’ll open your eyes before it’s too late. You so damn stubborn, it’s crazy.”

“Whatever, I guess we shouldn’t be friends then. You aren’t who I thought you were. You can’t sit here and act like you know me because you don’t.” I said to him.

“That’s fine if you feel that way but I’m not even gonna argue with, I’ll just keep my distance so you’ll be happy.” He said.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of his house and got in my car and slammed the door.

I don’t know what just happened…

****I KNOW IT'S SUPER SHORT BUT TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ANYWAYS!!!****