F I F T E E N

~The Seven Stages~

     Five slammed the car door shut as he was now in front of Michael's house. Ivy, Diego, Allison, and Vanya hadn't shown up to the alley. The only one he was shocked about was Vanya, but he was angry about Ivy. He didn't even bother knocking on the door, but just stormed right inside. Immediately, he saw the ice everywhere. His heart pounded at the sight, knowing this couldn't have ended well. Luther walked in behind him, eyes wide at the sight. 

     "Shit," Five breathed out. 

     "What the hell happened here?" Luther asked, the two beginning to walk through the house. Five turned the corner, seeing Ivy's body laying on the ground in the ice. 

      "Ivy!" he yelled, rushing to her. He slid on the ice, falling next to her as he pulled her up. "Luther, s-she's really cold." 

     "Okay, we need to get her out of here," Luther said, rushing to Five and Ivy. 

     "S-She's isn't breathing, Luther," Five said again, tears springing at his eyelids. Five picked up her face, his heart beating faster in fear that he'd actually just let Ivy walk into her death. "She's not breathing, Luther!" Luther pulled his brother back from Ivy, Five letting the tears leak from his eyes in fear that this was actually it for them. Luther picked her body up, going out to the front lawn. He set Ivy in the back of the car, Five sitting back there with her as he held her head on his lip. He felt her face while Luther drove, his face flushing as it was just as cold as the ice in the house. 

     "Luther, drive faster," Five demanded. He felt for her pulse, and he could feel his heart beat in his ears as he searched for it. "I-I can't find a pulse." 

     "Five, calm down," Luther said. 

     "This is all my fault!" Five yelled. "I shouldn't have let her say goodbye, this is my fault! Shit, shit, shit!" 

     "Five, you had no idea. It's not your fault!" Luther responded. 

     "Should've just let her find him in 2019, but no. Now s-she's..." Five trailed off, not wanting to admit Ivy could've been dead. "She's-" 

     "Five, we will get her inside and heat her up," Luther said quickly. 

     "What if she actually burns this time? What if she's actually gone?" Five asked, eyes wide as he looked at Luther. 

     "Five, calm down," Luther said again. 

     "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," Five whispered, one of his hands stroking the hair off her face. "Ivy, I'm so sorry. Please c-come back. I-I love you." Luther glanced at his brother in the mirror, never seeing Five this distraught. He'd never imagined him to be this emotional. Luther continued driving and making sharp turns as Five whispered nonsense to Ivy's unconscious state with his arm wrapped around her protectively. 

     Luther stopped in front of Elliott's, quickly taking Ivy as they rushed up to the apartment. Five scrambled to the stove, turning it on as Luther walked over. Five took one of Ivy's hands, hovering it over the flame. Instead of catching fire, her hand slowly began to regain color.

     "Luther, it's working!" Five shouted, a smile growing across his face. 

     "Okay, get me a chair," Luther said. Five spatial jumped and got a chair, setting it next to the stove. Luther set Ivy down, letting her lean towards the stove. 

     "I-I need to do something. I didn't want to do it, but I need you to watch her," Five said, looking up at Luther. He began walking into a room, Luther glancing back. The door then slammed shut, Luther jumping slightly before he sat next to Ivy.