S E V E N

~*~

     Ivy pulled on the skirt of the black collared dress while Five fixed the bow the in the front. Lila was wearing one that was blue but had a square cut and no bow. Diego put on a suit and Five just stayed in his uniform. They all peered over the stone wall, then jumped over and hid behind a car as they watched people pile into the house. 

     "So, what's the plan?" Lila asked. 

     "We infiltrate, we identify, we extract. Double time," Diego said, glancing back at her.

     "What the hell's he talking about?" Lila asked, looking at Five. 

     "Find the old man and get out fast," he answered. 

     "That's what I said," Diego snapped. "On me." Diego walked away, Lila looking back at Five and Ivy. 

     "After you," she said. Ivy almost went, but Five stuck his arm out to motion for her to stop. "What, I can't be polite?" 

     "Cut the crap," Five snapped. "All right? My dimwitted brother might buy your bullshit, but I don't trust you for a second." 

     "O ye of little faith," Lila said with a small smile. 

     "Stick it up your ass," Five snapped, giving her a smile. They all then moved towards the house, Five taking Ivy's hand to pull her along with him. Diego and Lila went first, Ivy leaning over to Five as they looked around the building. 

     "You know, you're really adorable when you're over protective," she told him, Five looking back at her. 

    "Your words are distracting me, not fair," Five said, Ivy kissing his cheek before pulling him towards the house. Five smiled as he caught up with her, the two walking in behind Diego and Lila. Five grabbed two glasses of champagne from a passing tray, handing one to Ivy. She glanced down at the alcohol before handing it to a random person. Lila then grabbed one, the three standing in front of a table full of food. 

     "I don't see Dad anywhere," Diego stated, glancing around the mansion. 

     "Just keep an eye out for the Majestic Twelve," Five said, then taking Ivy's hand again. "We got the upstairs." Right before they walked away, Ivy turned back to her brother. 

     "Diego, try not to do anything too stupid," she told him, Diego nodding at her. Lila chuckled at her words, Five and Ivy turning to the stairs again. They walked up slowly as they were trying to be discreet, the two then walking down the hallway. The faint mariachi music was playing from downstairs, the two glancing in rooms as they kept going. 

     "So are we going to talk about it?" Five asked, Ivy looking over at him. 

     "Talk about what?" she asked, opening a door to another empty room. 

     "Two things," Five started. "One, the boy who showed up at Elliott's. Two, you won't drink." 

     "The boy is of no concern to you, and I won't drink because I'm four years sober," Ivy said, turning to face him. 

     "You've never been good at lying, Ives," Five said, stepping towards her. "You like him."

     "This is ridiculous-" 

    "You didn't deny it," Five argued, Ivy turning and walking again. "You like him, don't you?" 

     "Why do we have to have this conversation right now?" Ivy asked. 

     "You do!" Five exclaimed.

     "At least he doesn't get our family stuck in the 60's," Ivy said. Five turned her around, the music from downstairs audible as he placed his hands on her waist.