Chapter Eight

I slowly pulled into the driveway of Tyler's house, which really was Tyler and Josh's house since Josh was almost always there. Tyler's truck was nowhere in sight, but Josh's was to the left of mine.

I took a deep breath. This was going to be extremely hard and who knows how they will react? This could be the last conversation I have with them. Then after that, I have no one.

Walking to the door, I held my stomach, which still ached. It took me a minute, but I finally tapped the door with the elbows of my fingers and waited as the anticipation slowly killed me.

The door finally creaked open to show Josh. His face turned from neutral to relieved and excited, earning a nervous smile from me.

"Oh my god, Jessica!" he said, coming in for a hug.

"Hey, Josh." Everything already felt so different. I felt unpure and worn, with happiness seeming hard to achieve.

"What happened?" he said pulling back. "We've been so worried, especially Tyler. He's been all messed up about it."

"Uh, where is he? I was going to explain at the same time..." I said, quietly.

"Oh, he's out driving. He said he wanted to clear his head. He should be back sometime soon, though."

We sat ourselves down and I struggled for words for a moment. How do you begin to tell someone this? I ended up just blurting it out. There was no way out.

"I um... I was raped, Josh." Once again, I was faced with a face of surprisement. He looked me up and down, probably putting together the fact that I also looked like crap, so that explains it.

I could tell he didn't know where to start. I mean, I wouldn't either.

"Who? Where?"

"Um a guy named Dacey and at the... at the bar on Lakers Street."

"Wait... you knew him?"

"Only for like half an hour... he must have put something in my drink..."

"Oh, shit, Jessica. Tyler's going to be pissed at you." My heart sunk. "I'm not like that, though. Are you okay?"

"Right now, I guess so, but that guy might have given me an STD or... gotten me pregnant."

"Oh my god. Wait, I'll go to the store and get a day-after pill."

"That won't work."

"Why not?"

"It happened two days ago."

He covered his face with his hands. I truly was messing up everything.

"... Okay, but for now you really need to take a shower. You know, get all of that st-"

"I know, I'm going," I cut him off. I didn't want to hear the rest of what he was going to say.

I got into the shower and started thinking, wanting to rewind. At what point had I gone wrong? I also cringed thinking about Tyler being angry at me. The last time I saw him he was so happy and child-like. That was about to change.

Once I put on the clothes borrowed from Josh, I picked up a hairdryer that mysteriously laid on the bathroom counter. I wondered why they had one, but I soon realized it was probably Tyler's sister's, who wouldn't mind me using it, so I did.

When I stepped out into the cool air, Josh yelled through the house, "Tyler just pulled up!" Just in time. Great. I decided to stay towards the back of the house. I was too nervous.

After only a few seconds of silence, I heard the door swing open quickly.

"Why's her car here?! Where is she?!" I heard him exclaiming, resonating off the walls.

"She's in the back," Josh said and I grimaced at his mention of me.

I heard fast footsteps getting louder and louder and louder, until a familiar face stood in front of me. I could have sworn his expression was a mix of all expressions. Without warning, he wrapped me up in his arms and put his chin on top of my head. I closed my eyes, dreading to tell him that it was my own fault for him being so torn up.

_______

omg it's been so long!! sorry about that x)

-katie