Chapter 16: Broken bonds

Whenever Johnny Lawrence didn't arrive overnight, Samuel went home. He didn't get much sleep. So to pass the time he was doing a handstand to get the strongest kick in Miyagi-Do Karate in his arsenal of attacks for the tournament. He did at least get a few hours before his alarm woke him up... but not much.

"I need a coffee." Samuel said to himself as he woke up again and got ready for the day. Samuel wasn't much of a coffee drinker, preferring to drinking it only when he needed to be fully awake quickly... and with what little sleep he got due to knowing of Louie's antics getting Ramon... and now Daniel in danger... Louie should hope their paths didn't cross today. Samuel sighed as he wondered if Johnny had finally arrived at the LaRusso home. He was going to find out.

"Hey, Mom. The LaRussos invited me for breakfast so Mr. LaRusso and I could discuss training for the tournament. I'm taking off." Samuel called out to his mom as he grabbed his keys. He didn't like to use his car much on the account of it being run down and in a bad need of a new paint job... but today, he'd make an exception.

Meanwhile:
Johnny finally arrived at Daniel's house. Daniel sighed when he saw Johnny and stepped outside to talk to him.

"We need to talk, LaRusso. I was trying to make things right, let the past be the past. You still can't leave well enough alone, man." Johnny told Daniel. Daniel sighed.

"I know you're probably not going to believe me. But I had nothing to do with what happened to your car. That was my idiot cousin, Louie." Daniel replied.

"You're right. I don't believe it. Those goons of yours could have burned down my whole neighborhood." Johnny retorted. Before Daniel could speak, Johnny cut him off.

"And besides, if you had nothing to do with burning my car... how would you know why I'm here now?" Johnny asked.

"Because one of my students has a friend who lives in your neighborhood. They called my student and freaked out about a burning car outside and about the fact that you got into a motorcycle to come here." Daniel replied.

"Yeah, right. Likely story. I took care of that Louie guy and his biker posse. And you know what... I'm not surprised that one of those jerks was your cousin. All you LaRussos are the same. Your whole family, man, is rotten to the core." Johnny remarked.

"All right, watch it, Johnny." Daniel warned.

"Kick his ass, Dad!" cheered the voice of Anthony as he watched the situation unfold.

"Anthony, just go inside." Daniel instructed.

"Listen to your dad, kid. You're not gonna want to see this." Johnnh warned before a car door shut.

"You're tresspassing on Mr. LaRusso's property... and I have you on video. Leave now, or the police will get called." Samuel said as he exited his car... his phone in his hand as he recorded what was going on. Daniel sighed.

"Samuel... don't get yourself caught up in this." Daniel warned.

"Sorry, Mr. LaRusso... but your my teacher and one of my longtime friends... and you mess with my teacher, you mess with Miyagi-Do." Samuel replied. Johnny's mind instantly flashed to Ramon having said the same thing but about him and Cobra Kai to Louie.

"You afraid that I'm gonna kick your sensei all over the house?" Johnny taunted Samuel. Samuel glared at Johnny. Daniel grabbed his phone.

"You know what, this is ridiculous." Daniel said, but Johnny grabbed his phone. Daniel took it back and the two got into a fighting stance.

"You wanna go now? Come on, Johnny! You want to do this? Let's go. Come on." Daniel yelled. Before Samuel could dial the police, a new voice entered the fray.