Chapter 5: Changing hearts

Daniel LaRusso was not sure what he expected as he was driving home from the dealership after a long day, but it wasn't a Cobra Kai dojo in a strip mall in Reseda. Daniel felt his mood sink to the ground as he remembered what he suffered through due to Cobra Kai back when he was a teen. This was going to be a LONG night.

The next day:
Samuel was at the Miyago-Do dojo with the beginner students again.
"Unfortunately, even though this is our last lesson before the school year starts, Mr. LaRusso will not be able to make it due to having a prior engagement. However, I'll walk you guys through todays lesson. You have learned how to block, and you have learned how to punch, and you have learned how to kick. Today however, I have been instructed to take you to a wooded area, where we will learn proper balance while we attack. Let's all head in our cars and go, those who got dropped off here by your parents can carpool with me if you find it hard to find a ride with other students." Samuel instructed.

Samuel took the students to a giant tree that had fallen, ir was now lying parallel to the ground.
"You see that tree. Each of you will take a turn on that tree and run through the various kicks that you have been taught. The goal is to not fall off. Observe." Samuel said as he got on the tree. Samuel quickly found his balance and did a front kick. He then did a round kick. Afterwards he did a hook kick, all perfectly executed, everything perfectly balanced.
"Fair warning... it's not as easy as I'm making this look." Samuel warned before getting down from the tree.
"All of you will attempt to do a front kick, a round kick, then a hook kick. After that is done, the next person in line goes. The goal is not to fall from the tree. Understood?" Samuel asked.
"Yeah. I think we can handle this, Samuel." said the new girl in town that had been taking lessons with Miyagi-Do, Marie.
"Alright. Let's see what you guys got." Samuel said as Alfredo got on the tree first.
"Watch and learn everyone. As a soccer player, kicking is my thing." Alfredo said. He did a front kick, then the round kick, as he attempted the hook kick he fell from the tree and slammed into the leafy ground.
"I'm ok!" Alfredo said.
"Told you it was harder than it looked." Samuel stated.

Ramon and Miguel were in the new Cobra Kai dojo. While Ramon was practicing his punches on a dummy, he payed little attention to what Johnny and Miguel were doing. That was... until Miguel was failing to do a standard Cobra Kai exercise. Miguel was failing at doing push ups on his knuckles. Ramon sighed.
"I said it before... and I'll say it again... you have a LONG way to go buddy." Ramon said.
"That he does. Alright Miguel, just do some crunches. Don't you have gym class or something?" Johnny asked.
"Yeah." Miguel replied as he started to do crunches instead. Suddenly the welcome bell rang as another person walked into the dojo.
"Hi there, Mr. uh Lawrence?" said the man.
"It's Sensei" Miguel corrected.
"Miguel, shut up." Johnny replied before walking towards the fat man.
"What brings you in? Looking to lose that gut and learn how to kick some ass?" Johnny asked, tapping the man's stomach as he said the word gut and got into a fighting stance as he said kick some ass before he went back to standing normally.
"No. I'm from the city health department. This is all a list of requirements needed to open up an exercise studio." the man replied as he gave Johnny a packet of paper detailing the requirements.
"This isn't an exercise studio. This is a karate dojo." Johnny pointed out. Ramon sighed. He had a feeling that somehow, whatever was required, was going to mostly become the grunt work of him and Miguel.
"Yeah, same deal. Wow. This place needs a lot of work. You're not open for business, are you?" The health department representative asked.
"You two, are you customers here?" the health department rep asked Ramon and Miguel. Before either of them could respond, Johnny said "Oh no. These two are a couple of illegals I picked up this morning. They are helping me set up." Johnny replied.
"But I'm..." Ramon started to say.
"I didn't need to know about all that. My job is to make sure this place is up to code. You don't want a scabies outbreak like that hot yoga place over on Tujunga" the health department rep explained. Johnny and Ramon looked at the papers.
"Wait for he has to do all this crap before he even opens this place up?" Ramon asked.
"No. He needs to go all that to get the certificate that's required to get the insurance he needs to open." the health department rep replied before turning his attention back to Johnny.
"You knew that when you signed your lease, right?" the health department rep asked Johnny.
"Right, yeah." Johnny replied.
"I'll drop in next week for another inspection." the health department rep said as he was walking towards the exit. He then stopped at the dojo logo near the wall.
"Huh, cool rattlesnake." the man complimented.
"It's a cobra." Ramon and Johnny corrected in unison.
"Oh, right. Duh. I'm such an idiot. Cobra Kay!" the man said as he walked out.
"It's Cobra Kai!" Ramon corrected as he left.

Miyagi-Do KarateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara