Chapter 12: Black Dragon battle

"WHAT THE HELL...?!" Samantha yelled at Samuel as they ran into each other in the hallway. Samuel looked at Samantha and sighed.
"Why are you yelling at me?" Samuel asked.
"I GET THAT YOU AND LAUREN ARE TOGETHER... BUT YOU DID NOT HAVE TO GO AND RUB IT IN BY SHOWING UP WHERE I WAS AND...." Samantha yelled before Samuel cut her off.
"I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU WERE THERE WHEN LAUREN AND I WENT THERE. THE WHOLE REASON LAUREN AND I WENT THERE WAS TO GET ME IN A BETTER MOOD AFTER..." Samuel yelled before he stopped himself before he sighed.
"AFTER I WHAT?" Samantha yelled. Samuel raised his hand and threw his down, as a gesture.
"Just forget it..." Samuel said before walking away. As Samuel walked away, people in the hallway looked shocked at the two. Samantha walked after Samuel.
"What did I do?" Samantha asked.
"You went with Miguel on a 'not date'... and when you said yes... the look in your eyes... you like him, so... I decided to get out of the way." Samuel explained. Samantha looked surprised at Samuel.
"I... I know that... I thought you and Lauren were together and..." Samantha started to explain.
"We weren't." Samuel replied. Samantha looked down to the ground. She decided to give Miguel a shot under the pretense that Samuel was taken... but that wasn't the case.
"You've got Miguel, now. I've got Lauren. We've made our choices now.... so now we live with them. Goodbye, Sam LaRusso." Samuel replied before walking away again. Just as Samuel was walking away, he heard a scream. Samuel ran in that direction, there was Justin West, top student of the Black Dragons... the same person Samuel and Ramon had fought off on their camping trip. He had clearly made moves on Lauren, who had declined and he did not like her response and got violent.
"Hey, try that on me!" Samuel called to Justin, who turned and gave him a look of surprise... he didn't know Samuel went here. He smiled. He had wanted a rematch against Samuel.

(Fight to survive plays)

Samuel got into a fighting stance as Justin approached him. A crowd of people surrounded them.
"Samuel, don't." Lauren said. Samuel sighed and put his hands down. As Samuel started to walk toward her, Justin hit the back of his head. Samuel retaliated quicker than Justin expected by turning to face him and punching him in the stomach, knocking the air out of him.
"Dang cheap shot." Samuel said as he punched Justin in the face. Suddenly, Samuel saw another guy charge at him, Samuel side stepped and tripped him. More Black Dragons showed up.

Ramon wondered what was going on when he heard sounds of people cheering. He walked over to the commotion to see Samuel surrounded by 6 Black Dragons. The boy didn't seem worried in the slightest as he dodged the attacks of the Dragons. Ramon moved people of the way and kicked a Dragon away from Samuel, standing back to back with his 'brother'.

"I thought these jokers would have learned their lesson back at camp." Ramon told Samuel.
"Some people only seem to learn the hard way." Samuel replied. As Samuel and Ramon watched their opponents, Miguel wanted to know what the craziness was about, and was shocked to see Samuel and Ramon at the center of it. Samuel blocked a punch from one of his opponents and walked closer to the enemy, elbowing him. Ramon punched a guy in the face, before kicking the guy in the chest, knocking him into the lockers. Samuel then blocked a kick from another Dragon that was meant to hit Ramon's hip, then he jumped into the air and kicked the guy in the face. Justin growled in frustration.

Miguel was surprised with what he was seeing. Sure, he knew that Samuel and Ramon were best friends. But they were also Miyagi-Do and Cobra Kai. Rival dojos. Never did Miguel think he'd see a student of Johnny's rival work so well with a Cobra Kai... even if they were Samuel and Ramon.

As Samuel and Ramon defeated the other dragons, Justin charged at Samuel. But before the fight could continue a group of counselors broke up the fight.
"Parker, Aguilar, West... we're going to the principal's office." a counselor told them.

Lauren was still stunned by what had happened as her Bonsai Dragons bandmates and Samuel's Miyagi-Do friends surrounded her in concern.
"Hey, are you alright? What happened?" asked Tahj, who had missed the whole fight.
"A couple of months ago, I made friends with a guy named Justin West. He, like you and the other Miyagi-Do students did karate as well, and I told him that one of my best friends did karate too. Well, Samuel and I got together, and then today Justin told me he liked me. I told him that I didn't like him like that and that I was already in a relationship with someone else, but... he got... violent. That angered Samuel and he got into a fight with Justin, and Justin's Black Dragon dojo friends started jumping in the fight, then Ramon got into the fight to help Samuel... and Samuel and Ramon were winning until some conselors stopped the fight and called Samuel, Ramon, and Justin into the principal's office." Lauren explained. In the distance, Samantha heard it all... she stood... frozen to the spot. She had seen Samuel's eyes when he came to Lauren's defense. She had realized that her hasty move by getting with Miguel might have caused her to lose Samuel... as Samuel clearly had strong feelings for Lauren... and he was pushed towards Lauren due to her own jealousy.

As Samuel waited to get into the principal's office, he could hear the principal verbally tearing a new one into Justin. Samuel almost felt bad for Justin as he was getting chewed out. The beaten Black Dragon Karate students continued to glare at Samuel and Ramon, who didn't pay any attention to them. Both were trapped in their own thoughts. Samuel wondered if he was right to persue a relationship with Lauren. How strongly did he feel for her? Maybe je did like her alot... but was she still a simple rebound to him? He shook his head. Lauren deserved better than that. She deserved for him to be able to make them work. He set his old feelings for Samantha LaRusso aside. As he had told her... the two had already made their own choices.

Later:
As Samuel was walking home alonside Lauren after school, the two were holding hands. Suddenly as the two kept walking a paper was thrown at Samuel and a car drove by them. Samuel picked up the crumbled paper and uncrumbled it curiously. It was a picture of Samuel's younger sister with a red X throw it and a note from Justin West.

'Samuel Parker,
I looked into your past, since you showed an interest in the All Valley Tournament. And I can see now, you come from a weak family. Your sister lost to cancer... she was nothing, she was weak! And you're weak. So... I'll prove that to you at the All Valley tournament. Maybe then, you'll wish you joined your pathetic sister out of this life.'
-Justin

Samuel growled in anger. Lauren took the note from him and gasped at what she had read. She had no idea Justin could be so petty and rude. And now he had crossed a line no smart person would dare cross. No one spat in the face of Kim's memory. No one made light of cancer in front of Samuel and got away with it. Now, Justin West had made things personal.

Author note: Shorter chapter since this is a set up to the 2nd part of The History of Samuel...