Chapter 13: History of Samuel part 2

Years ago, after Samuel found out his Dad had gotten a new job in Fresno:

Samuel was horrifed after learning he'd be moving to Fresno. He would be moving away from his karate teachers, his school friends, and... Samantha. He ran into his room and closed the door, wanting to be alone.
"Well, Samuel didn't take it well either." Sarah told Joseph. Joseph sighed as he put down the box he was holding.
"Should have figured that they'd react this way. I think we messed up... we should have told the kids sooner that I was considering getting a new job in Fresno." Joseph told Sarah, who sighed.
"They would have convinced you not to take that opportunity." Sarah pointed out. But then Sarah took a moment and sighed like Joseph before her.
"But....we hurt them by not telling them. Do you think they'll forgive us?" Sarah asked. Joseph looked at Sarah seriously.
"Kim, yeah, probably... Samuel... I saw his eyes... with him.... I think we've got a long road ahead before he trust us again." Joseph replied.

The next day at school:
Samantha felt herself get worried when Samuel was quieter in class today. He seemed a bit upset.
"You ok?" Samantha asked Samuel as she walked with him in the halls as they walked to their next class.
"I'm moving, Sam." Samuel told Samantha. She looked at Samuel in shock.
"Moving houses?" Samantha asked. Samuel shook his head.
"Moving to Fresno." Samuel replied. Samantha's eyes closed as she felt her heart break with the bad news. She was losing her best friend.
"My last day here will be a few days from now." Samuel added before he sighed and looked down to the ground.

Years later:
Students ran in fear of him as another guy fell to the ground, beaten. In the years since moving to Fresno, Samuel had had a rough time fitting in with his new school, where people had proceeded to try and step all over him. Finally Samuel had snapped when the school's quarterback shoved his head into the lockers. Samuel had beaten the teen senseless and had beaten half the football team. He glared as more players surrounded him.
"Still trying to tick me off, aren't you. Well you guys are gluttons for punishment." Samuel said as he ducked under a punch and kicked his attacker at his groin before punching his face.
"What are you... some kind of karate guy?" asked a football player. Samuel smirked as he walked to the player.
"Yes... a pissed one who wants to be left the hell alone... so BACK OFF!" Samuel replied as he kicked him into the lockers.
"WHO ELSE WANTS SOME?" Samuel yelled as students started to back away.
"MR. PARKER? HOW DARE YOU STRIKE OUR ESTEEMED ATHLETES!" yelled his school principal. Samuel growled.
"SCREW YOU, BIASED OLD MAN! I'M OUTTA HERE!" Samuel yelled before he ran off. Teachers chased him, but they could not catch Samuel as he ran out of the school. As Samuel wondered the streets he sighed. Surely Sarah and Joseph would hear about what happened today, not that he cared. Ever since moving to Fresno, his relationship with them had changed. The two had grown distant from him. They had more of an active interest in the life of his sister Kim than in his life. Fine by him. Samuel sighed.

"Maybe... I'll try to apoligize to everyone at school tomorrow." Samuel said.

When Samuel and Kim made it home.
"Hey Kim, Hey Samuel." Sarah greeted her kids.
"Hi, Mom." They greeted back before Sarah turned her attention to Kim.
"So, Kim. How was your day?" Sarah asked Kim. Kim explained how great her day was and how she had made new friends.
"That's great, Kim. I'm happy for you." Sarah said. She turned her face to see Samuel, who a small part of him hoped she'd ask him how his day was, but of course she didn't, and she turned her back to the kids, dismissing them. Samuel fought the urge to sigh. At this point, he'd rather hear his mom yell at him rather than ignore him.... but....
'What did I do wrong simce we moved here? Why do I have to be so alone.in this damn house?' Samuel thought as he walked away, and headed to his room... feeling alone. He checked his computer to see... an email from Samantha. He smiled as he clicked on it and read it.