Chapter 6: The Dance

Daniel was with the Miyagi-Do students in the forest reviewing the balance lesson from the last day of summer before school started.
"Samuel tells me you all did well, but balance isn't achieved by only being able to balance properly for one day." Daniel told his students.
"Understood, Mr. LaRusso, we'll get in a line and review those kicks." Tahj stated. As Samuel was reviewing his kata, he noticed that Daniel seemed more distracted than usual.
"Mr. LaRusso, are you ok?" Samuel asked. Daniel looked at Samuel in thought.
"Samuel, what is your opinion on Sam's new friends?" Daniel asked. Samuel sighed.
"Moon is a pretty ok person, even if she is absent minded at times, Kyler is not really her friend anymore after the incident at the mall I.told you about, Yasmine is a major pain in the butt. She's an entitled rich brat that thinks money is everything." Samuel responded. Daniel nodded, planning on keeping what Samuel said in mind.

Later:
"If you don't trust Sam's new friends, just warn them all to go away or face your fist." said one of Daniel's cousin's and employees Louie LaRusso.
"I apperciate the parental advice Louie, but I don't think threatening a bunch of teenagers is the go to move here." Daniel replied.
"Exactly, it would only push her deeper into the bad crowd." Anuosh, another employee of Daniel's replied.
"Then just keep an eye on her." Louie said. Daniel looked at Louie.
"You mean spy?" Daniel asked.
"Yeah. Everything you need to know is in this thing here." Louie told Daniel as he shook his own cell phone.
"All you need to go is get her passcode." Louie pointed out.
"Guys, it's my daughter here.. I'm just gonna talk to Sam and let her live her life. It's the best I can do." Daniel replied.

Meanwhile:
"I know that no one wants to listen to the extra annoucement in lunch, but skipping the annoucement will probably get you into trouble." Samantha told Samuel as he ate his lunch outside.
"If they didn't want people eating outside they should have never put outdoor tables over here." Samuel replied.
"Anyway, are you thinking of going to the Halloween dance?" asked Samantha. Samuel shrugged.
"Haven't decided yet. School dances has never been my thing." Samuel replied. Samantha sighed, it didn't take her long after Samuel moved back to LA that he had become something of a loner back in Fresno. Sure he had his old band, but they all a different lunch period than he did at the time.
"Besides, don't you have plans to hang out with Yasmine and Moon and go as Laker girls? You know Yasmine and I go together as good as oil and water do." Samiel pointed out. Samantha sighed.
"If you decide to go... let me know. I would... I would like to see you there." Samantha said. Samuel looked confused.
"Why? You see me almost every day." Samuel pointed out. Samantha sighed again.
"Why are men so clueless?" Samantha said before she walked back inside the school building. Samuel sighed.
"What the heck was that all about?" Samuel thought outloud.

After school:
Johnny Lawrence was so frustrated that he wanted to cancel training for both Ramon and Miguel for the day. Until the two showed Johnny the new Cobra Kai website they made to advertise the new dojo.
"All right. Both of you, meet me at the high school at midnight. Ramon, this is going to be a review for you... this'll be new for you, Miguel. Don't either of you be late." Johnny said.
"What for?" Miguel asked.
"If you wanna learn how to kick ass, you gotta learn how to kick." Johnny replied.

Samuel was surprised when he got a call from Daniel.
"Mr. LaRusso, is something wrong?" Samuel asked. Daniel sighed.
"Yes and no. I'll be honest. I don't trust Samantha's new friends. I was thinking of chaperoning the Halloween dance, but that would get Samantha REALLY angry at me." Daniel explained. Samuel sighed.
"What do you want me to do about it?" Samuel asked.
"You're one of the people I really, really trust. Can you go to the Halloween dance and keep an eye on Sam for me. Please?" Daniel asked. Samuel sighed.
"Maybe. School dances aren't my thing. If I could be some kind of invisible man, I'd be fine with going." Samuel said, giving Daniel a sense of deja vú.
"I think I can accommodate that." Daniel replied.