Chapter 11: A different theme

Robby Keene didn't know what to think of the new twist and turns in his life. He got a job at LaRusso Auto to tick off his father, got pranked by Daniel LaRusso's cousin, Louie, twice, and became Daniel's newest karate student. Or so he thought. Robby hadn't been taken to the Miyagi-Do dojo, so he had no idea if he was an official karate student or not. All he knew, is that when he did a job these days at LaRusso Auto, Daniel would change his technique for some reason. Like when Daniel had him 'wax on, wax off' a car. Or when Daniel had showed him a different way to wash the windows.

He wondered what Samuel did to convince Daniel to show him real karate... because all he seemed to do was modify his chores at the car store. Robby had finally finished waxing the cars in one of the parking lots as he pondered this. He went to go tell Daniel he finished.

"I wanted some Porches up here." Daniel said, explaining something to Amanda.
"Hey, Mr. LaRusso, uh, I'm all done." Robby reported.
"Really? Both lots?" Daniel asked, pointing at the second parking lot filled with cars.
"This is bullshit. Okay, I thought you were gonna teach me karate. I'm just doing all your shitty chores." Robby complained. Samuel, who came to visit the store chuckled when he saw Robby's face as Robby passed him by, to start waxing the second lot of cars.

"Did Robby complain yet?" Samuel asked, knowingly as he approached Daniel. Daniel nodded.
"I think it's time to let him in on the secret." Daniel said. Samuel nodded.
"God, I love this part." Daniel said.

A bit later:
Robby was surprised when Daniel took him to the Miyagi-Do dojo, where a group of students were waiting. Among them, Samuel's friends Tahj, Nicole, Alfredo, and Marie.
"Oye, Samuel. Did he complain yet?" Alfredo asked as Samuel, Daniel, and Robby entered the dojo. Robby felt strange, how did they know he complained? Samuel nodded.
"Oh yes! I love this part!" Nicole said happily. Robby was now even more confused.

A bit later:
"Show me wash the windows." Daniel commanded before he threw two punches that Robby had blocked.
"Show me, wax on, wax off." Daniel continued. Daniel threw two more punches, one at a time that Robby blocked. Daniel then sent a flurry of attacks at Robby, mixing up punches and kicks that Robby had instinctively learned to block and dodge. The attacks stopped and Robby had blocked them all. He had a look of surprise as the other students clapped.
"Whoa." Robby said. Samuel chuckled.
Daniel and Robby bowed to each other, Robby never forgetting to maintain eye contact.
"Welcome aboard, Robby. You're officially one of us now." Tahj said happily. Robby smiled as Samuel gave him a fist bump.

Meanwhile:
"Bow" Johnny commanded at the Cobra Kai dojo. Ramon and the rest of the students bowed.
"Fighting positions." Johnny commanded and the class got in a fighting stance. Johnny looked at Hawk's stance and kicked his leg forward to widen his stance.
"Stablize your base, Hawk. Keep your balance full rotation when you strike." Johnny instructed as he demonstrated by standing next to Hawk, getting in a proper fighting position and throwing a punch.
"Yes, sensei." Hawk replied before throwing a punch in his improved fighting stance to get a feel for the proper technique.
"Now, thanks to Ramon, it has come to my attention that there is a karate tournament coming up. The biggest tournament in the valley. The All Valley Karate Tournament, and almost none of you are ready to take part." Johnny said. The class stayed quiet.
"But follow my instructions, and I'll get you ready." Johnny said before turning to check on another student who flinched.
"Did you just flinch, virgin?" Johnny asked the kid. Johnny walked over to another student and moved as if to fighting with him. The other student flinched as well.
"Holy shit, we're even less prepared than I thought. We gotta room full of flinchers!" Johnny said.
"Yes, sensei!" the class replied.
"That wasn't a question!" Johnny responded.
"Raise your hand if you've never been punched in the face." Johnny commanded. A large amount of students raised their hands, including Hawk. Ramon sighed. He felt sorry for the students who never got punched before... because what was coming next would be painful.
"Put your hands down." Johnny commanded after he saw the sheer amount of students whose never got punched in the face.
"All your lives, you've been avoiding fights, so you won't brake your nose or lose a tooth. This concussion nonsense. So there's only one solution, and that's before you leave this dojo, each and every one of you who has never been punched in the face is going to take a punch, very hard, to the face. Miss Robinson, line them up. Unflinch this group. Mr. Diaz, Mr. Aguilar you two don't need to get punched, as you both have been in fights before." Johnny commanded.
"Yes, sensei." Aisha replied. Aisha walked to the front of the dojo and cracked her knuckles, ready to punch some students in the face.