Chapter 28

The loud music blasting from the speakers had finally stopped and the hall was slowly getting empty. All my colleagues had already left but I had to stay behind to say my final goodbye to the sponsors.

Fortunately, it was over and today had been the last show for the week. A few days had passed and it was Friday already, meaning I was going back home tomorrow morning.

To say that I was tired would be an understatement. Even though everything went by smoothly and I had control over most of the things, I couldn't help but wonder now and then what I was doing at a fashion show.

The things I did for people...

"Oh, there she is!" I heard someone say from a distant. I turned to see the sponsor, Ingvar, make his way toward me together with a man I didn't recognize.

I smiled and stood up. "Just who we were looking for, Jasmin, this is Kian, the owner of the model agency I work with. Kian, Jasmin." He motioned towards me.

Kian, who seemed to be in his late thirties, forwarded his hand to me and I shook it. "Nice to meet you." I greeted.

"The pleasure is all mine. It's a shame we didn't meet earlier. I actually wanted to talk to you, do you mind?" Kian gestured.

"Of course." I followed him, leaving Ingvar behind.

"I've been watching you over the past days-" He cut himself off when I gave him a look. "Oh no, not like that." He quickly corrected with a chuckle. "It's just part of my job to constantly look for a new....talent." He finally found the word.

I wrapped my arms around myself as we made our way from the backstage to where the runway was.

"And?" I asked.

"And I hate beating around the bush so I'll just get straight to the point. If you're interested, I would love for you to give modeling a chance."

I almost chocked on my own saliva at his words but I quickly composed myself and tried hard not to laugh.

Modeling? Me? I wouldn't even make it out of the backstage before falling flat on my face and he wanted me to...

"I'm 5'5."

"That doesn't matter. The industry has improved a lot and nowadays we have models of all heights and sizes." He explained.

"Well, I'm sorry but working as a model is the last thing that interests me. You probably already know but I came here just to replace my boss because he couldn't attend for personal reasons." My words made his brown eyes look away and a sigh escaped his lips.

"I just saw a lot of potential and thought I could give it a shot. It's your decision in the end, but you do know that you can make a lot of money don't you?" His question angered me a bit.

He was just one of those with power that thought they could make someone change their decision by mentioning money.

"I'm actually in uni for a reason. To become what I want to become, work what I want to work with and earn the money that I want to earn. Thank you for the offer though." I smiled. "It was nice meeting you, it's getting late I have to go."

I turned on my heels and walked away. "Wait." He caught up with me. "I'm sorry I think my words offended you. I didn't mean it like that. But, if you do change your mind here's my card. By the way, I know you're muslim and you have to ask your parents permission first. Maybe that's what's stopping you from accepting my offer? Or maybe you're thinking it's against your religion? We've got a lot of muslim models, I can introduce you to them and you'll realize that it's nothing wrong with working as a model."