Chapter 6

Sitting up, I looked around and felt the same emptiness I had felt the previous morning. I tried to get used to it and forced myself up from the bed.

My eyes landed on the open window and I walked towards it. It was such beautiful weather. Walid had mentioned last night that we were going somewhere today.

He probably had some work to do and decided to have mercy on me and take me along instead of locking me up in the house.

Shaking away the thoughts, I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I got dressed into a flower print dress since it looked to be very hot outside.

Once my hair was dry, I combed it one last time and left it open. I exited the bathroom when I was ready and tidied the bed before unlocking the door and stepping out.

It was still early and I didn't know if Walid was up yet so I decided to visit the beach for a few minutes.

The cool summer air hit my face and I felt more relaxed once I stepped out of the house. I walked towards the beach and my steps halted.

Walid was standing there, fully dressed in his black formal attire and gazing out at the sea...

I made my way towards him and stopped a few feet away. I looked at the sea in silence, wishing for a brief moment to know what was going through his mind...

There was a strong wave fighting the wind, making me watch the process in silence. There was a comfortable silence between us for the first time and no one said anything as we both gazed out at the sea.

The silence lasted for a very long time until he finally broke it. "We're getting late. Let's have some breakfast and then we can leave." He said casually, making me look his way.

If I had seen him outside without knowing him the way I did now, my heart would probably do a jump at how handsome he actually was. I've never been the one to pay attention to men and their handsome looks. But seeing him would be an exception....

He was tall and his body well built. The muscles on his arms were always showing through his shirt, not like those big bulky ones. But the beautiful ones that were always there peeking through. His thick dark brown hair, almost black, seemed to be so soft and always styled perfectly. His short beard was trimmed in a perfect shape and his lips....

I stopped myself from thinking any further and almost shook my head at the unwanted thoughts.

I looked up at him to see him staring at me, a knowing look lingering in his eyes.  "Yeah, we should eat. Let's go." I quickly said and turned around. He didn't comment anything but followed me as we went together to the house.

We arrived at the dining room and sat down. Razza had already prepared tea and freshly baked bread with all sorts of cheese for us.

I asked him to join us but he had already eaten his breakfast, as to why he left us alone in the dinning room. There was silence as we ate our breakfast.

My thought had wandered to my home and I wished to have breakfast with my family soon. I missed my mother's delicious home made cheese. My father's handmade tea. My little brother Sammy's constant whining, wanting me to make him dessert.

I had promised myself to stay strong, so I had to push away those thoughts and not let them affect me.

Dwelling wouldn't do me any good when there was seriously nothing to do about it at the moment...

Once we were done with breakfast, we had stepped out of the house together. "Where are we going?" I asked, stopping a bit away from the car parked in front of the house.