Chapter 22

"No, no, no! There's too much blood! There's blood! Why did you do that? There's so much blood! Make it stop!" I panicked, not hearing my own voice as I watched the blood make its way to the sand.

"Well, that was an unplanned sad ending." I heard Mikael say as he came closer.

I quickly looked around and found Walid's gun beside him. Without thinking, I reached out for it and got on my feet as I turned around.

"Don't move." I warned.

Mikael stopped suddenly at the sight of me pointing the weapon at him. He looked down at his revolver and both of us knew he was out of bullets. He had fired all of them at Walid.

My heart clenched at the thought and I wanted to hurt the man in front of me for doing that.

"Well," he let out, dropping his weapon to the ground. "I don't think you are capable of shooting me. So I advice you put the gun down and do as I say." He spoke, his words making my anger rise even more as my whole body started shaking.

"Get out of my sight right now." I said, my voice once again feeling cold to my own self.

The weapon in my hand felt heavy. I didn't know if I could hold it up anymore. The man in front of me didn't seem to believe that I could hurt him while Walid was still on the cold sand, fighting for his life.

I felt someone tug on my ankle and I looked down to see Walid's hand wrapped around my ankle.

I felt the more tears stream down my face, seeing him look up at me. He was losing too much blood. I had to do something.

I saw a movement from the corner of my eyes and quickly looked up. Mikael had moved closer, but stopped once I pointed the gun at him again.

"I said - don't move." I cried out, feeling anger, sadness and frustration all at once.

I pointed the gun at the spot just by his feet and pulled the trigger before hearing a loud bang.

"Get out of here before I shoot you in the head." He backed away when the bullet hit the sand just a few inches away from his feet.

"You don't understand. He is the bad guy here. He is using you. I don't know what he's told you but-"

"Shut up!" I screamed. My eyes moved down to Walid to see his eyes close slowly. "No Walid, please no. Don't close your eyes." I let out helplessly.

Walid's eyes turned to me, and I wanted to rip everything around me. I felt helpless.

With the gun still pointed at Mikael, I bent down and looked through Walid's pockets. I tried to ignore the blood everywhere and I finally found his phone placed in the inner pocket of his suit jacket.

The phone dropped from my hands when I looked at the state of it.

His phone was broken into pieces, the glass shattered with sign of bullets hitting it...

"No, no, no." I cried out before getting on my knees. "Walid please stay with me!" I let out, the dammed tears not stopping as I looked at his wound where the blood wasn't stopping.

I imagined how much pain he must had been in and asked God to help him and ease his pain. I couldn't see him like that.

Wiping my tears, I stood up and turned to Mikael. "Give me your phone!" I demanded.

"What?" He let out a humorless laugh.

"I said give me your phone." I repeated as I pointed the gun at him again.