Chapter 20

As my eyes drowsily opened, I was welcomed with brightness. It didn't take long before my eyes got used to it as I started looking around.

I realized I was laying in my own bed, with my family and friends towering over me. "How are you feeling?" My father asked, his forehead creased in wrinkles with a worried expression.

"Good." I let out and moved slightly to sit up on the bed. I rested my back against the headboard and groaned when my head felt heavy with a headache.

"Finally!" Sammy jumped up and I smiled as I opened my arms for him. He came crashing down and wrapped his arms tightly around me. I left a kiss on top of his head and pulled him closer. "I told everyone you are going to be okay." He spoke happily, looking up at me with his big brown eyes.

"Sammy, you promised you will sleep once Jasmin wakes up. Now let's go let me put you to sleep." Dania spoke as she held out her hand for him. He left a kiss on my cheek before jumping on Dania, making her catch him hastily.

Dania gave me a look and I nodded at her reassuringly before she left the room. My eyes turned to my mother and I hadn't seen her this disturbed in a long time. Her eyes looked like she had been crying non stop and her face was red, probably with anger.

I looked at Raina and she looked at my mother then at me, making me realize something had happened while I was unconscious.

"I'm fine, please don't worry. You can go to sleep now."

"I found you out there, unconscious, with that man surrounding you. Do you even understand how scared I was? Do you have an idea?" My mother started, making me lean back in fear.

I knew my mother was overreacting, but still understood her feelings fully.

"I know you're upset-"

"No! You don't know anything. If you had known, you would stay away from that man. You would ask him to stay away from you." She let out, sitting down by my side.

I took a deep breath before speaking. "I'm sorry."

I didn't know what else to say. I couldn't lie to her, making false promises that I would stay away from Walid.

Suddenly, the words I had told Walid before blacking out echoed in my mind.

I want you to leave me and my family alone. Just go. Go away.

What had I done?

"You're sorry? That's all? That man is sitting outside, waiting for you to wake up! I seriously don't understand what's happening!" She continued.

My eyes turned to the door and then back to her. If I knew Walid the little that I did, he should've been here beside me, not outside.

It made me wonder how my mother had made him stay outside...

"Enough. Go to the room I need to talk to you." My father interrupted, sounding tired.

"Enough? Your daughter is getting played by a wicked criminal and you're telling me enough?" She let out, her words forming a new kind of anger in me when hearing her curse Walid.

He wasn't wicked. He pretended to be. But he wasn't.

"Stop it! Why do you keep abusing him!" My voice shaky, the hurt probably clearly written on my face.

Everyone went silent for a moment before my mother finally spoke up. "It's a shame, really." She finished and left the room.

"She's just worried about you. You know how she can get." My father tried to explain.