Chapter 28

Jay'von POV

I sighed as they sized me up for my prom suit.

Being a dad is way harder then I thought.

They say Rolina is going the a heavy case of postpartum depression. Which I didn't know you can ever be depressed cause you had a baby.

"This is nice babe." I nodded looking in the mirror.

"Yeah this shit hot." She laughed. "You gotta match my fly."

"No you gotta match my fly baby." She smiled. "My dress is fire."

"You already got it?" I asked watching the man pick at the suit. "Saw me when we get him."

"Been has it and you see it tomorrow night boo. You the only one who is last minute."

"I know I just been somewhere else lately." She nodded.

"And I am so proud of you and of us for stepping up because she is going through it."

"Yeah." I sighed.

"However prom is about us and tomorrow we are gonna have a amazing time." She hugged me Nd I smiled. "I love you and I want you to stop stressing."

"I love you too babe." I kissed her.

***

We walked into the house and Samia was eating a cotton candy pickle that she learned from some YouTuber.

"Hey beautiful." I hugged and she laughed.

"Hey bro."

"Hey sammie." Diyana hugged her and flopped down on the couch. "Let me get a bite." Samia gave it to her and she took a chunk out.

"Woah." Samia laughed and snatched it back. "Get your own."

"My bad girl." she kissed her cheek and rubbed her belly.

"Where Spence." She shrugged.

"Somebody called him and he left. He is probably out with a bitch."

"None he not like that."

"Yes he is. Go through his phone so you can see what I saw."

"Damn."

"I know I don't even know where he met that bitch we go everywhere together." She shrugged and bite her pickle.

"True." Diyana shook her head. "So you excited about tomorrow?" She asked to change the subject and Samia automatically smiled.

"Yes and I am so glad this school year is over. They was on bullshit all year like what school makes prom the last day of school."

"Yeah they pushed it back for Momma Kim. She wanted to make it but she was in treatment and shit." She nodded.

"Okay now I understand. She did plan the whole thing."

"Yeah."

"I'm hungry." Diyana sighed. "I finna go find some food." She got out and went in the kitchen.

"So how is everything with Rolina?" Samia asked.

"She is not feeling good and the only thing we can do is help her. I mean I took it upon myself to step up so that what I'm going to do." She nodded. "He is so perfect." I smiled.

"I am so happy for you." I nodded.

"Thank you."

I don't know why I am so attached and drawn to a child that's not mine but something is there I just don't know what it is.

"Did you go by there today?" I nodded.

"Yeah her and mom was talking and shit her mom is a weirdo but Rolina forgave her and I understand why but her mom is a dumbass bitch and I am not fucking with her no more. Calvin just disown her at this point and Rolina just feel like she needs her and that's why she did what she did." I sighed.

"Yeah, Ro was always a mommas girl. It makes me so sad that momma would do that to her. Rocky must have been there." She shook her head

"What's up with her sister anyway." Diyana asked sit down with some noodles.

"Her sister is always so angry and jealous like ever since we was younger. She hates Rolina because she is the baby of the family. They love Rolina differently like it's like Rolina gets want she wants she is overflowed with love and everybody is just so sweet and gentle with her. When she was growing up the family was in shamble the dad was on drug and other shit was going on. Then when Rolina came he got off drugs for her and he changed his life around and Rocky always felt like why wasn't she good enough and shit."

"Damn."

"Yeah I grew up with them like you just gotta listen and observe because everybody low key got a problem with everybody in that family. Calvin is really the only one that is like the peace maker and also really don't give a fuck. He just sit backs and laugh or shakes his head." I nodded.

"When fab was going in he was doing both." Diyana laughed. "Calvin is the only one I can actually say cherishes Rolina like he acts like that's his daughter. He wants her to move in with him so bad."

"Why doesn't she do it." Samia looked us like we was crazy.

"I don't know. She just doesn't want hella bitches around her daughter but what she don't know is calvin really have fucked a bitch since that whole thing with lay." Samia laughed.

"Yeah he fumbled that ball but she still loves and him and has her urges." I gasped. "Yeah she really loves him she said she just gone wait for him to get his shit together. And don't tell nobody I'm saying this shit cause if you tell Calvin I'll kill you."

"Okay."

"Anyways... her old dude is not what she thought like he was lovey dovey and soft but she said he is really turning into a different person. He is showing signs of being controlling and verbally abusive and other shit. So she about to breakup with him." Samia shrugged.

"Malaysia is so beautiful and nice she really deserves better."

"Exactly." Sam shook her head. "I am so excited about tomorrow night. I don't even think he has a suit. While he is out with Susan I hope he's looking."

"Suzzy is his sister." She smiled.

"Oh... that just made me feel so much better." Her eyes glossy. "I was tryna hold together but I was gonna crack in like fifteen minutes. I was overthinking and shit." She wiped her eyes and I hugged her.

She has been very very very emotional and Spencer has been finding reasons to not deal with it and I don't think thats how he should handle it.

"Sammie it's okay. I understand." I rubbed her back.

"What's wrong?" Spencer walked.

"She good." I let her go and rubbed her back and Diyana rolled her eye at him and he looked confused.

"What is wrong is you don't love me anymore because I am ugly and fat and my nose is wide like ooga booga!" She yelled and stormed off to the room.

"What?" He sighed. "This shit is so stressful. I don't even know what I am doing wrong like." He sighed.

"You not here bro and you haven't been here for a about a month. She is noticing the shift, y'all were always together and under eachother and now it like you don't wanna be around it. I feel it and diyana feel it so I know she feels it."

"Damn." He walked in the room.

"I am hungry." Diyana sighed and I grabbed my keys.

"Come on let's go get something to eat."