Chapter 42 (Our Sakshi has finally arrived)

Priya's POV..........

     I've been staying at my house for the last three months. I'm due anytime now. Before coming here, I spent the early period of my pregnancy at my in-law's house. When I was here and there at my in-laws house, everyone treated me with so much love, care and respect. I loved the attention I was getting but sometimes I did feel suffocated with all the attention.

My mother and my mother-in-law are very strict when it comes to my diet and exercise. When I was there, Vijay's mum used to look after me and now my mum has taken that role. My mother has just made me do some mild exercises. Now I bet she's going to come with a plate full of food. I've gained a lot of weight since my pregnancy, mainly because of the amount of food I'm eating. Vijay is quite strict about me eating properly as well so I have no escape really.

Last week it was my maternity shoot and baby shower. The pictures had just arrived. As I was looking through the pictures, I started getting a mild pain but the pain eased after sometime. So I didn't pay much attention to it.

Vijay is staying at our newly built house as it's easier for him to go to work. He does often come and visit me but I miss him terribly. I do want to go and stay with Vijay but he's given me strict orders to stay with my parents, as it's safer because there's more people to look after me. Rithu anni is pregnant as well. Even though she's only in the early stages, my mum takes great care of her as well.

When I was looking through the pictures, my phone started ringing. It was Vijay. As I was going to attend the call, a big pain shot in my stomach. I started screaming and shouting. My water broke and I was going into labour. Hearing my scream, my brother Rohit rushed and took me to the hospital.

Vijay's POV........

As soon as Priya was taken in for delivery, Rohit informed me of the news and the rest of the family that Priya was in labour. I rushed to the hospital hearing the news. I was really nervous and just prayed that everything goes without any problems. I want no harm to happen to my Priya and my child.

When I reached the hospital my parents, her parents, Adi, Divya and Rohit were all waiting outside. I could hear really loud shouting and screaming from the room. My tears welled up knowing that Priya was in pain. As each second passed, her shouting was increasing, making me more tense and nervous. I kept on praying to God. Mom sat by my side trying to calm me down. Finally I heard a really loud scream followed by a Baby's cry. That moment I understood that I became a father. After being a son and a husband, I've finally become a father, a very precious role of a Man.

After some time, a nurse walked out and informed us that the child is a girl and both Priya and my baby girl are doing well. I was so happy and excited to meet my child and wife. Priya and I both wanted our first child to be a girl even though we didn't mind having a son.

I hugged everyone around me with joy. I had no words to express my happiness. I was overwhelmed. Few seconds later the doctor came out holding my baby girl. She was so tiny and sleeping peacefully. Her facial features resembled Priya a lot. I felt proud and protective holding my baby in my arms. Everyone surrounded me to see the baby.

After some time the doctor told me that I could go and see Priya, with our baby in my arms, I went to see Priya. That moment was priceless and I will forever cherish this moment.

I got closer to Priya and kissed her forehead and said, ''look at our baby Priya. She's looking beautiful just like you''.

Priya looked and her eyes started welling up. ''Are you in pain, Priya?'' I asked her.

''Yes, I am Vijay. But it is manageable now, don't worry'' Priya replied holding my hand.

''Thank you so much darling, for carrying our treasure in your womb for the last 9 months. I know you have gone through a lot to bring her into this world, love you lots'' I said.