Chapter 24

Priya's POV......

It's been a week since we came to Chennai. I still haven't been to my home. So Vijay's parents told me to visit them and stay with them for a day because we are going back to Coimbatore the day after tomorrow. So Vijay and I both got ready in the morning to go to my home. Vijay and I still are not speaking much. I got changed into a churidar and Vijay got changed into a t-shirt and jeans. Finally after saying bye to the rest of the family we left.

The car journey was quiet. Vijay didn't speak to me and I didn't speak to him. Finally we reached my home. My mom, dad, Divya, annan and Rithu akka were all waiting outside the house for us. As soon as I got out of the car Divya came running towards me and hugged me and said ''Priya, I missed you''. ''I missed you too'' I replied and hugged her back. My family greeted Vijay and I with Hugs and took us inside. Vijay was really talkative and jolly with my parents.

After sometime, Divya came to me and asked ''Priya, I've been noticing you since you came here. You are not happy like you used to be. You're so gloomy and less talkative. What happened?''

''I'm fine Divya. I'm just tired. Come let's go and speak to Rithu Akka'' I said, trying to avoid the topic. "Priya, stop trying to avoid the subject. Adi told me everything'' Divya replied. ''What? Adi told you everything? And since when did you start speaking with him?''
''Err, well, he calls me sometimes to chat and in between a conversation, he told me about it. He told me how you and Vijay Annan made a contract between you two'' Divya said. I was shocked hearing what she just told me. Urghhh!! Adii why did you tell her about it? I thought in my mind.

''Well Divya, what he told you is kinda true. We have made a contract. However, it's not only because of Vijay we made the contract. I wasn't interested in this marriage as well, so when Vijay brought the contract papers, I agreed to it. So please don't just blame Vijay for it'' I said.

"Okay. Fair enough Priya. But only 50% is true in what you said. Because I know you didn't sign the contract because you wanted to.You did it for Vijay Annan right? You love him. Don't you?'' Divya questioned me.

''Divya, just shut up. Stop irritating me. Instead of talking about this, can we speak about something else for goodness sake. Also Divya please don't tell about everything to mum, dad, bro or Rithu akka. The last thing I want is them being tense and upset because of me. So keep everything Adi said to yourself'''. After saying this I stormed out of the room.

After that, the day went pretty quickly. Vijay was mostly with appa and bro talking about business. Throughout the day I was wondering why Adi and Divya speak to each other. As I was thinking that, my grandma came to visit us and gifted me a silk saree and Vijay a shirt. However, she went back very quickly as she had some important things to do.

Finally it was bedtime, my room was quite small compared to Vijay's room and My bed was also very small. Vijay was speaking to me like there's nothing wrong between us so My family wouldn't be suspicious. When I came into my room I was thinking of how much I missed it. I noticed Vijay stood near the window doing something on his phone.

I went up to Vijay and said to him ''Vijay, the bed is not really big. I hope you're ok with sharing it with me. I don't have a couch as well in this room''. He replied ''I'm fine with it Priya'' and turned his phone off and settled himself on the bed. I turned the lights off and followed him to the bed and settled myself while trying to maintain as much distance as possible.

....
Hey everyone ,
Thank you for this reading story and supporting me soo much. I'm soo happy with the amount of support and love I'm receiving because of this story from my readers. Please do keep supporting me and continue to vote and comment on what you think of this chapter .