Chapter 22

Priya's POV......

Finally we reached a temple. I've never been to this temple before. I got out and followed Vijay to the prayer area and started praying. I mostly prayed for Sakshi's soul. Even after I finished praying Vijay wasn't finished, he was really engrossed in his prayer.

After some time he finished, he looked at me and said ''Priya, this is where I married Sakshi, three years ago. After our marriage, I came here once more when she was in the hospital after the accident. I poured my heart out to God but he didn't answer my prayers and took my Sakshi away from me. He did not just take Sakshi away from me, he took all my joy and happiness along with her''.

I was unsure on how to react so I just nodded and looked away. After that he went to make some offerings for Sakshi and told me that we can leave now. After that, Vijay started to drive the car to another place. I wondered where he was taking me now, however I didn't want to ask him.

After around 30 minutes drive from the temple, Vijay stopped the car at the parking lot of a very big building. I was confused about where we were. Vijay got out of the car so I did the same and walked to the front of the building and saw a big board which said SAKSHI's foundation. Basically it was a charity.

Then Vijay looked at me and said, "I started this foundation a few months after Sakshi's death, this place is a home for many young children and this foundation's aims to help girls who go through various problems in their life. This place was something that helped me to get out of the depression I suffered from Sakshi's death, my Sakshi was also an orphan. It was her dream to make something like this.

Vijay took me inside once he explained about this place. When we entered the hall, a lot of children ran to Vijay and hugged him. The sight was so beautiful. Vijay received a lot of love from these children who had no other family. After that, Vijay introduced me to the kids as his friend and they all greeted me. Vijay has already planned a lot of activities to do with them. When we were doing that, I saw Vijay disappear for some time after around 5 mins he came back with loads of chocolates and presents for the kids. I am so proud of Vijay. To be honest, after seeing that, my love and respect for him increased. Now I know why Sakshi fell in love with him so deeply. Because he has a heart of gold.

Around 6 in the evening we were planning to leave after spending the day with the kids. Both of us said bye to the kids and left there. As we were in the car I spoke, ''Vijay, I am so proud of you. My respect for you has increased so much''. He didn't really respond to that. He just looked at me and gave a small smile. Then he suddenly stopped at a road. ''Vijay, why did you stop?'' I asked him. ''Priya, this is where I lost my Sakshi''.

......
Hope you liked this chapter guys... sorry again for the small chapter. Please do vote and comment ❤️