Chapter 8 (Wedding Shopping !)

Priyanka's POV.......

I just reached home from my college after the final exam. It was a very emotional day today because I spent 4 years of my life there, made lots and lots of memories. It's very hard bidding goodbye to my friends and teachers, who were there for me through thick and thin.

When I came home, mom told me to have a shower and get dressed because we are going for wedding shopping today. I was in no mood to do anything else today as I already had an exhausting day. But can't say no to my parents now. Can I? Anyways, after taking a shower, I changed into a black Salwar Kameez, braided my hair, applied light make up and I was finally ready to go. All my family members and Prabhu uncle's family were coming to this posh clothes shop in town. Their family was waiting for us outside the shop. After greeting each other, we went inside the store. Vijay spoke to my parents and greeted them but he didn't even glance at me. Err... silly me. Why should I even bother that he wouldn't look at me. Prabhu uncle, my dad, my brother and Vikram annan went to the mens section. Vijay's parents forced him to come with the ladies to select the wedding saree. Adi also tagged along with us. Adi seems to be a nice person. He's very funny and often cracks jokes ro entertain us.

There were so many silk sarees, it was so pretty. Everyone had different opinions about different Sarees. Finally, a couple of hours later, we selected a wedding saree. We also bought a few other sarees for other rituals before and after the wedding. So, we were quite late when we finished shopping, so Preetha aunty suggested (more like politely ordered) that we should join them for dinner at a hotel nearby. Although we tried to refuse, she didn't take no for an answer. So we finally gave in and decided to have dinner together. We booked a big table for both the families. I tried my best not to sit with Vijay, but I ended up sitting with him. Destiny could be so cruel. My heart was literally beating like drums. Why? I don't know, probably I'm sitting beside him I guess. I didn't know why I was having these feelings. Well I was hungry so I ignored my brain and heart and I ordered Biryani. Vijay ordered dosa. Our families' were talking, while Vijay and I had our food quietly. Finally, after a long day, both the families' bid goodbye to each other and left.

I can't believe that in a couple of days, I will be married to someone, who doesn't even want to talk to me, forget about treating me as his wife.

.......

hey guys, sorry this chapter was quite short..... Will update the next chapter soon.

Thank you for reading :) Thanks to everyone who have voted my chapters as well, it's very kind of you guys.

- I have attached the picture of Priya's churidar above :)