Chapter 5 (Engagement)

Priya's POV...

***********

So, today is my engagement. As the engagement was arranged in such a short notice, I didn't get enough time to buy clothes for it. So my grandmother gave me her wedding saree which is really pretty and we quickly designed a matching blouse for it in a boutique close to our house. Divya helped me to drape the saree and she did my hair and makeup as well. I felt I looked Beautiful. Seeing myself in this dress and the way I was looking, just made me more and more nervous. A tamil priest also arrived at our home to conduct the engagement. As I was thinking about how quick my life is changing, my mom, my sister-in-law (Rithu akka) and grandma walked in and started praising me. They said, I looked all grown up and gorgeous. I blushed hearing them. Divya started teasing me as well. She was looking pretty as well. She was wearing a simple pink saree and Rithu akka was wearing this stunning yellow kanchi pattu saree. She was looking like it was her engagement today and not mine.
The other day I discovered that Rithu Akka is best friends with Anjali Akka (Vikram's wife, because Rithu akka was telling me about their family and all.

Anyways, as Rithu akka, Divya and I were speaking, we heard a noise of a car. Mom told me to go inside and told me to come outside only when I was asked to. So Divya took me to another room. I could hear Prabhu uncle, Preetha aunty and Adi's voice. Because the engagement was a simple ceremony, only Vijay's and I's family were present. After a lot of talking they finally asked Anjali akka, Rithu akka and Divya to bring me to the hall. I greeted all the family members as I entered the hall. Vijay was looking away from me and avoiding eye contact, so i decided to look away from him as well. He looked really hot today in a traditional tamil costume...

The pandit asked Vijay and I to stand in front of the fire. Then he said some Mantras. After that he asked Vijay and I to exchange the engagement rings. Prabhu uncle gave Vijay this pretty diamond ring and asked him to put it on my hand. He slowly held my hand and placed the ring into my finger. For some reason I was getting these strange feelings when he held my hand, like I could feel my heart beating loudly and everyone could hear it. Then it was my turn. I held his hand gently and put the ring on his finger. Everyone clapped when the ring ceremony was completed. Finally!!! Then the pandit asked Vijay and I to seek blessings from the elders. As I was seeking blessings, I could see Divya having a conversation with Adi.

Adi was incharge of taking the pictures as he was really good at it. So he asked us and the rest of the family members to pose for a family picture. After the photo sessions with the family, he asked Vijay and I to follow him to the garden to take couple photos. Vijay muttered something under his breath and came with us. Adi asked Vijay to stand close to me and hold my waist to look romantic. For goodness sake this is awkward. Why am I being told to pose with a stranger !!!! Vijay was really hesitant but he did as he was told because his parents were looking at us. He held my waist and stood close to me. Adi took at least 100 pictures of us. After that we had food and it was time for them to leave. They all bid goodbye to me and blessed me. But Vijay not even once looked at me. He just bade farewell to my parents and just sat in his car. He was driving the Audi car they came in and slowly they disappeared from our sight.

As I was walking back to my room, Divya ran to me and said, "Vijay anna is so hot and he's a perfect match for you". I told her to shut up, but she wasn't done yet. She said that she regrets talking negative about them. I just looked at her and closed my door. I was replaying all the events that have happened today. Like I was finding it so awkward near Vijay and he was feeling the same. If we are like this now, how are we going to live after getting married? Because Vijay lives in Coimbatore, I might have to move there after marriage. That means I won't have anyone for my company and will have to deal with Vijay everyday and that too all alone.

However, my final exam is tomorrow so I really need to study and stop thinking about these things for now.

.......

Hey guys let me know if you liked this chapter .... Hope Vijay changes after marriage :) Next chapter will be updated soon but more votes and comments will give me more motivation to carry on with this story. Thank you !

Also guys I have attached an image of Priya in her engagement look