Chapter 27

Priya's POV.....

My head was bursting. I slowly tried to get up but I couldn't. My body was aching as I tried to move. Suddenly Vijay ran up to me and helped me to sit on the bed. When I looked carefully, I understood I was in Vijay's room and yesterday's incident flashed across my mind and I started screaming and crying. Vijay quickly wrapped his hands around my body and tried to comfort me until I finished crying hysterically.

When he saw that I stopped crying, he said ''Priya, I am really sorry for what happened to you yesterday. I am partially responsible for it. Let's thank God that yesterday's incident didn't get too serious. Also I know it will take some time for you to get out of this trauma. But, Priya, always remember I am here for you and please take maximum rest until you physically and emotionally feel better. I'm here to look after you until you get better''. He was nearly in tears as he was saying that.

I didn't really have the energy to reply to him. After saying that, he gently made me lay on the bed. As I was laying on the bed, I noticed that my upper body was wrapped in a shawl above my saree. After making me comfortable on the bed, Vijay went to the kitchen and brought some cold water and a cloth. He came and sat next to me and placed the cloth on my forehead. When I looked at him wondering what he was doing he said "Priya your temperature is quite high. Dr.Elizabeth came here to check upon you yesterday. After checking you, she told me to do this regularly and she prescribed some medications for you to take after every meal until you are perfectly alright. I am cooking something to eat and it is nearly ready. So just freshen up quickly and come back so I could feed you the food. Priya if you don't have the energy to freshen up, don't worry you don't need to''.

''It's fine Vijay. I will freshen up but I don't want any food. I don't feel like eating anything. Please don't force me'' I replied to him. When Vijay was going to say something I quickly tried to get up but as soon as My feet touched the ground my head started spinning. Some images of yesterday flashed across my mind and I lost my consciousness. Again.

I felt some water sprinkled on my face and I slowly opened my eyes and a voice was asking me ''Priya are you okay? Please get up''. I opened my eyes only to see Vijay's face. My head was on Vijay's thigh and his hands were placed across my shoulders. I slowly got up with the help of Vijay and told him ''I'm fine Vijay. Don't worry. I just felt a bit dizzy'' and tried to walk to the washroom. But Vijay didn't allow me to walk by myself. He held my hand and helped me to reach the washroom and said ''Priya, if you need any help please do call me. I'll be sitting on the bed and when you finish, call me I will help you". I just nodded and went inside.

When I reached the washroom, I looked at the mirror and was shocked to see the person standing in front of me. I didn't look like myself. I looked terrible with some red scars and marks on my face and messy hair. I removed the shawl that was wrapped around me and I shivered at the sight. My blouse was all ripped and my bra could be seen and my skin had scratch marks. This again gave me the nightmares of yesterday. I couldn't see myself anymore. So I started crying. When Vijay heard me crying, he barged into the washroom and wrapped his hands around me, making me feel protected. I cried for a long time on his chest. He was comforting me by caressing my hair. Finally when I stopped crying, I realised my state. I quickly covered myself with the shawl and requested Vijay to bring me some clothes so I could get changed.

As I requested, Vijay brought me a t-shirt and sweatpants along with inner wears. I felt embarrassed.

After I cleaned myself up, he helped me to sit on the bed and brought some food. I told him I didn't want it but he didn't listen to me and fed me by his hand and gave me my medications. I fell asleep some time and when I woke up I noticed that Vijay was sitting on the bed and I was sleeping on his lap with his hands on my forehead. Looks like he was stroking my forehead and fell asleep. I remember about the nightmare I got and started whimpering. I assume that's the reason he placed my head on his lap. He was caring for me so much today. I loved his presence and he was making me feel so much better. However, I got slightly worried thinking my feelings for him are getting stronger.

Few minutes later Vijay woke up as well and started to stroke my forehead again and told me ''Priya, I can assure you that you will never ever see Madhav again or will have an experience like that because he's now in jail and I won't let anyone do that to you from now on''. I looked up at him shocked and then said ''What Madhav did to me was cruel and terrible but I feel sorry thinking about Radhika and their child Anu. I won't be able to face them anymore. Actually Vijay, what happened when I fell unconscious yesterday?" I asked.

''I will explain all that later, when your mind is more clear. Now you need to relax and rest'' he replied.

I replied "Vijay, I don't feel pure anymore. I feel like something is wrong with me now. I always thought that if anyone could see my bare body, it would be my husband. But...." and I broke down while saying that...

To that Vijay replied ''Priya, you are still pure. Thankfully I reached here before anything serious happened. And it's the heart that should be pure. Not the body. And you have the purest heart. You need to forget everything and start it all fresh. Priya, you don't need to face Radhika anymore. we are moving from here. I feel like a change would be better for you".