ღ chapter fourteen ღ

thank u for more 12k reads! seriously it means a lot to me :) 

seeing as i forgot about the shoutout thing here i try again hehe:

chapter dedicated to: larrytingz

~

it's been a few days since louis' birthday party.

harry celebrated christmas by opening gifts with gemma and eating home baked ginger bread cookies that anne had made. they were delicious.

zayn and his family even came over and had dinner with anne, gemma and harry. overall, harry had a pretty nice time after the horrible time he had at louis' birthday party. his superman costume was tossed by the end of his bed that night and still remained there as he hated the feeling he got just by looking at the costume.

meanwhile, louis celebrated christmas by opening gifts as well and preparing a special gift for harry as he felt terrible for ignoring him at his birthday party. he honestly doesn't know how he ended up ignoring him but he just knows that he feels bad.

knowing that harry's favorite haribo was the green ones (a/n: irl he doesn't even like them but shhh) he decided to buy a few packs of haribos (from the money he got from his birthday) and spends their last day of christmas break separating all the green haribos.

he placed them in an empty haribo bag (after he ate the ones that weren't green) and used tape that he asked his mother for to tape it shut. lastly, he used a post-it note to write 'friends?' in his cute-messy-kid-type-of-handwriting before sticking it onto the haribo wrapper with even more tape.

he wanted to make sure things were alright with harry. after all, he always had a fun time hanging with him and playing with him. he just feels bad that he left him ignored at his birthday party.

they were wearing the same costume for crying out loud! and louis doesn't even remember how harry looked like in the costume. all that he remembered was how harry's sister looked wearing her batgirl costume. and he felt terrible.

he put the green haribo gift for harry inside his book bag for safe keeping (yet didn't notice the zipper was half open), and hops into bed wishing for things to be alright tomorrow when they see each other again.

louis is quick to get to school the next morning.

he decided on not taking the bus so jay dropped him off. she watched from the entrance as her baby boy (excuse me, big boy) walked towards the front doors of the school and was safely in doors before she walked back home with lottie.

he made his way towards his class before suddenly he was knocked down to the ground.

"are you okay?" he hears a familiar voice.

he lifts his head and sees the familiar set of eyes he had been talking to when he ignored his four year old friend kneeling down to help him.

"ts fine," he mutters, not necessarily trying to be rude just taken back by how close the two were.

"no it's not," gemma sighs, "i should have been looking and-"

she stops mid-sentence as her attention was now on the bag of green haribos that had fallen out of louis' book bag when he fell.

she snatches it from the ground before louis could say anything and watches as she reads the note.

"friends?" she questions innocently, "but we are already friends, silly! thank you for these! they're my favorite!"

no kidding, he thinks bitterly as he watches her open the bag and starts eating them.

one thing. i just wanted to do one nice thing, he thinks as he gets up.

he fakes a smile towards gemma who smiled back as she ate what used to be harry's haribos. he figures that there wouldn't be a use in fighting for the half-eaten haribos and instead just let's her finish eating them.

maybe harry wasn't mad at him.

but that's the thing.

harry was not mad. he was just hurt.

hurt that he was easily replaced by none other than his own sister. sure, it was one party but louis and him had been planning for weeks for what to do and when to do it.

"are you mad at me?" lilian asks harry when a few minutes had gone by for discussion time yet he hadn't said a word.

"no," harry replies half-heartedly.

he just wanted class to be over. he wanted to go to recess already and see if louis would talk to him today.

it's been days since they last talked and he just wanted to hear his voice.

"do you think louis wants to kiss  'emma?" lilian suddenly questions curiously.

"w-what?"

"my daddies kiss cause they like each other," she explains, "louis likes 'emma? right? so he wants to kiss her."

kiss?

"kiss? that's 'ross!" harry scrunched his nose in disgust.

"big people do it," lilian shrugs unfazed with kissing, "louis and 'emma are big."

and she was right, harry thinks, they were both now barely seven. they were big enough to do things that harry being four year old couldn't do. was that why louis ignored him at the party?

cause he figured harry was too young to be his friend?

suddenly the bell rang for recess and he no longer wanted to go outside.

~

a/n:

just a really short update to tell you guys that i started my senior year today!!

i'm excited and hella nervous hehe. updates will most likely stay the same (inconsistent i know i'm sorry i'm trying to do better) but i'm trying to figure out a way on how to write longer updates.

longer the delay in update=longer updates? does that sound good?

i'll figure something out soon.

anyway, hope you're doing amazing.

unedited/unrevised

september 1, 2020

sarah