ღ chapter twenty ღ

harry's POV

"you'd think it be easy to get a kiss from you now that we're official," michael whispers into my ear as cuddled in my dorm bed. i giggled as i shake my head in deny but ended up giving him a peck anyway.

"so how about we watch a movie?" he suggests, "we have the room to ourselves since daniel and nick left to go to that frat party at tomlinson's."

i winced at the mention of his name- of course he was part of a fraternity. i nodded and offered my laptop to watch a movie. i watch as he opens up netflix on the browser and clicks on a random movie that i guessed he'd figured we'd both like.

"michael," i hummed as the movie's opening scene music began to play, "i like you. a lot."

he smiled, making my heart flutter, and says, "i like you too."

"don't say too, it sounds like you're just agreeing with me," i pout.

he laughs, "harry, i like you."

i groaned when i felt my phone buzz underneath me.

first thing i took notice was my laptop screen dimmed now-the movie long over- and a peacefully sleeping michael right beside me. instant déjà vu hit me as i remember our first night together which really was the beginning of our relationship.

i search for my phone and my eyes winced at the brightness from the screen. i look at the caller i.d yet didn't recognize the number, i take a look at the time which was currently 12:01AM and groaned as i hit accept call.

"hello?" i answered confused-still sort of groggy.

"harry!" the caller slurred. my eyes shot right open as i recognize that voice.

"louis?" i reply, "what-why are you calling me?"

"i'm s-sor-ry," i hear him hiccup before i hear him mutter something and then quickly hangs up. only for my phone to lit up again from the same number.

"yeah?" i answered curiously as to why he would be calling me. especially at this hour.

"s-still m-me," he slurred, "why didn't you c-come?"

"come where?" i ask really confused. michael seems to stir in his sleep and i realize i probably should take the call somewhere where i wouldn't wake him. climbing out of the tiny bed, i make my way to leave the room quietly and stood outside the room waiting for him to reply.

"to t-the partyyy," louis answers, "i had this p-party.... for you."

now i clearly wasn't hearing right. why would he host a party for me? when he knows i don't like him.

"i don't like you, remember?" i answer bluntly not caring if he'd remember this or not, "why would i go anywhere near you."

"ouch," i hear him answer, "that h-hurts."

"yeah well you hurt me first," i reply hanging up. i was done with this. how had he even gotten my number anyway.

apparently avoiding him tonight didn't work as he managed to find a way.

"i had this party, for you." what the hell did that when mean.

morning came quick and by then michael was back into his bed and i was in mine. i fiddled with my phone thinking back to the late night/early morning mini conversation i held with louis.

he said he was sorry. but sorry for what? calling me in the middle of the night? or sorry for what he did to me when we were younger? questions circled my mind but honestly i held zero motivations to find any answer for them.

i wanted nothing to do with him. i wanted to enjoy the rest of my first year at college without him messing around in it.

yet it was like he knew i was speaking about him as my phone dinged. i sigh and turn my phone only to see the same number that had dialed me.

can we talk? - louis (altho i think you already know it's me).

i shake my head at particularly no one typing out a 'no'.

i was done with him. done with the run-ins, the calls, everything that surrounded louis. i was just done. i couldn't get myself involve in his world again.

-
authors note:

I AM BEYOND TRULY SUPER SORRY.

1) for the very short update you guys deserve a longer one :(

2) for the mini break i took from writing wotb

i'm just sorry :(

unedited/unrevised

november 5, 2020

update: if u like jatp, go follow my fan account for them it's perfectlyjatp

sarah