ღ chapter twenty-one ღ

it's been a week or so, i'd say, since louis messaged me about meeting up.

i had managed to avoid running into him on campus and i was glad that there were a lot of places i figured he'd never set foot inside. those places became my personal safe space away from louis and those piercing blue eyes he has.

as surprising as it sounds, louis was not much of a starbucks type of guy which is why i found myself sitting alone drinking my hot chocolate as i completed my english assignment for the day.

i had used up all of my time lately cuddling and going on dates with michael that i set aside my major english assignment that would be due for a big part of my grade this semester. my grades depend on the assignment and so far i have done nothing.

taking a sip from my drink i typed in the header for the assignment making sure i put a date a few days before today's actual date to make it seem i've started working on it before.

my phone then buzzes with a new message from nick, to which i ignore, and i pressed play on my music playlist for the morning.

having a peaceful morning to myself and my work was actually just what i needed. i found myself making a bit of progress. at least that was until i realized i was doing the assignment completely wrong and that in fact, the day we went over the lesson was the day michael had convinced me to skip my english lecture and to head with him to an arcade-type of place.

so to say i was screwed was an understatement.

unlocking my phone i decide on calling someone who took the same class as me and who i had the smart-idea of exchanging numbers earlier in the year.

"harry?" charlie answers, i can only guess confusedly, seeing as i never really do talk to him as much. maybe this was a mistake.

"hey....friend," i say awkwardly. friend? yeah right.

i hear him shuffle a bit on his side of the call and then he clears his throat before saying, "hey, what's up?

"how's my favorite canadian boy doing?" i say trying to get a bit of conversation going before i hit him up with answers for my assignment.

"aren't i the only canadian boy you know?" i hear him laugh a bit, "but good, good. you?"

"I'm... a bit screwed," i answer honestly, taking another sip from my hot chocolate, "do you know that english assignment that is due soon? the one that is worth a big chunk of our grade?"

"yeah i know which," charlie answers, "are you looking for help? cause honestly if you are you are asking the wrong person. i have no clue on what to do, i wasn't in class when we went over it. it's probably written somewhere in the syllabus though, on how to complete it. if not, then we're both screwed."

"yeah," i sigh, all the hopes in charlie helping me out are gone. what ever shall i do now? i could listen to charlie and look at the syllabus...after speaking with charlie for a bit, he hung up saying he had to go do something, so i was back to being alone and my assignment at a starbucks.

looking back at the document, i sigh.

"why don't you order our drinks? i've never really been here before so-"

"it's fine, i got it,"

raising my head, my eyes widen as they make eye contact with the lad i'd been so successful in dodging. what was he even doing here? he's not much of a starbucks guy- i should know, i'm always here all the time and he has never set foot in here. i watch him whisper something to his company and he smirks as he makes his way towards my table.