ღ chapter seventeen ღ

a/n: quick authors note :)

sorry i didn't give much warning about the time jump:/ but it was bound to happen as i planned this story to have only a few chapters of young louisxharry so yeah...

anyway, happy chapter seventeen.

also tysm for 17k reads :)

-

"are you gonna introduce me or are ya gonna stay there staring at me?" louis comments with a smirk turning to both nick and daniel. he introduces himself making an emphasis on 'harry's friend'.

yeah, right. "this was a horrible idea," i mutter, walking away from all three. i shake my head, he wasn't supposed to be here. he was supposed to be studying back in england, what was he doing here? i hear him rush a few words to nick and daniel and then i hear my name being called.

i stopped, turned around, and said, "just leave me alone, yeah?"

using the same words he told me felt amazing.

turning back around, i decide on tonight was enough for me. but apparently he thought differently as i felt his grasp on my arm pulling me backwards.

"c'mon, haribo, let's hang out," louis slurs, obviously he had been drinking. i roll my eyes at the nickname he had given me over a stupid bag of haribos that we once shared at a sleepover.

the sleepover that once convinced me louis was not that bad of a guy but guess i was mistaken.

"so, now you want to hang out?" i scoff, "yeah, right. leave me alone, please?"

releasing myself from his grip, i decided on heading to the kitchen where there were drinks everywhere you looked at. grabbing whichever, i chug it, wishing to ignore the fact that louis was here.

yet it was like he didn't get the memo as he bumped into me on my way out of the kitchen. annoyed took place in my face, as i glared at him for just not leaving me alone. he smiled at me waving a drink in my face, "let's get drunk, harryyyy.."

i roll my eyes, why didn't he understand i wanted to be left alone? couldn't he go get drunk with his mates?

"no," i say, the alcohol in my bloodstream buzzing.

"you're no fun," he pouts.

apparently since he decided to drop me as a friend completely, i can't help but think.

no, harry. you've gotten over this. you're supposed to be better. you're eighteen for fucks sake.

"well you're not either," i reply with a tsk sound. i watch as he rolls his eyes probably annoyed by me. well good. it's not like i liked him anyway.

no matter how hot he looks in those tights jeans and-

what the fuck. no.

"c'mon, harry," louis begs again, "we can have a sleepover at my dorm like old times."

"old times?" i snap, "you mean when you forget about me completely and told me to leave you alone?"

he's taken back by my words. good.

it's good that he knows that i'm not the same fucking four year old who was afraid of him. well... maybe i was still afraid of him. especially with those piercing blue eyes.

but he couldn't control me anymore. i have learned how to stand up for myself. and i'm forever grateful for that.

"i didn't-"

and i am quick to interject him, "yes, you did. you preferred to be friends with my sister, date my sister, for fucks sake you probably even slept with her. while i remained watching you two grow together and go through everything together and why's that? because she had to be born first. she's your age while i'm years younger than you so you obviously didn't like hanging out with the little kid. i fucking got that. that's probably why you were even mean to me in the first place. oh god!" i say my voice breaking, "i was so naive when i thought you had changed! but you didn't! you were and still are the same mean kid i met at the bus who would use words to hurt me and make me afraid of you. well guess what, i'm not afraid of you anymore and despite you hurting me at a young age, i'm glad you did. i would rather have a real friend then a fake friend."