ღ chapter twenty-five ღ

louis pov

fuck.

i could tell how hurt harry felt when i mentioned i had given away the toy he had given me for one of my birthdays.

i honestly didn't think it would affect him as much as it really didn't matter. it might have had sentimental values to him though it seems as i could see him zone out at times.

what i forgot to mention was that i gave it to zayn.

apparently he thought having action figures was not as uncool as i made it to be. i figured he'd still have it and as much as i hated to take back things that i had given away- especially things that i gave away years ago, i knew it would mean a lot to harry if i were to have it again.

so the first thing i do when i drop off harry at his dorms is call him.

"tomlinson," he answers right away. i hear him say a few things before he's back on the phone again, "vas happenin'?"

"first off," i laugh, "never say that again."

i hear him mumble something probably like 'fuck ofc' or anything around it and i simply laugh.

"what are you doing right now?" i question him, aware that it was late in the afternoon so he was probably at home.

"home," he confirms.

zayn was one of the few lads back in england who decided on not attending university. he had the family business to fall under either way so it didn't really affect him much if he went or not.

and he obviously didn't want to.

"i know this might seem weird," i start, "but do you remember the superman figure i gave you years ago?"

"you mean the one you kept saying was for babies? yeah," zayn replies with obviously teasing me about it. i roll my eyes smiling, remembering how i used to feel about the action figure.

it really is unbelievable i'm desperate to get it back.

"um... well..." i trail of unsure of how to go about asking for it back. it was impolite to ask for something you had given away and i knew zayn would feel that way too yet he'd give it back either way.

i was just too scared to ask him for it.

"so do...you think...i couldhaveitback?" i ask rushing the last few words. he remains silent for a while and i immediately smack myself for bringing it up. why did this have to be so complicated.

"you want it back?" zayn questions after a few seconds of silence.

"mmh," i reply nervously, "but only if you're okay with it."

he remains silent for a while and then i hear a bit of shuffling through his end of the phone.

walking back into my room at the fraternity house, i notice that i was still waiting for zayn's response. it killed me that i had to do this but harry was clearly hurt by what i did and i wanted to make it better.

it hurt me to see how he was affected by it. his chocolate brown curly hair covered his green eyes as he tried to avoid eye contact the rest of the time we were there.

"do you know what you want to be once you graduate?" i ask him curiously. i see him think about it for a while and then shakes his head.

"aren't you an english major though?" harry asks which surprises me as i never thought he knew about my major. i nod and wait until he gives me a hard-time about it. yet he doesn't.