ღ chapter twenty-seven ღ

"happy eighteenth birthday, louis," i whisper softly as i watched him blow out his candles. he was smiling ear to ear with my sister beside him, his fingers entwined with hers and for a moment there i wish i was in her place. because he looked so beautiful with the candles lighting his face and soft feathered hair that fell right above his eyes.

"what did you wish for?" gemma questions louis. i can't help but notice how louis' smiles fades for a second before he whispers to her what he had wished for. she frowns but replaces it quickly with a small smile. i never knew what that was about.

but a few days later, they were no longer together.

i was dodging louis.

ever since that day at the arcade, i have been hiding out in my dorms.

when i wasn't in any lectures, i was back in my dorms hiding from him. and most importantly hiding from my growing feelings for him. i did not want to like him. did not want to ruin our growing friendship with an awkward-crush type of situation. so it was best if i stayed away for a bit. maybe it would die down.

the bear he had given me was set aside on my bed side table though. i did not know where else to put it so it has stayed there since that night. but it kept staring at me, taunting me.

"YOU FANCY LOUIS!" was the bear's favorite phrase it appears. and i wished it would shut up.

okay, i sound crazy now.

maybe i am.

"harry!" i then hear daniel then say catching my attention. my eyes avert to him and see him trying on a shirt.

"you coming with us to tomlinson's party?" he questions me.

he's having a party?, i think, and he didn't tell me.

if louis didn't mention his party then maybe he didn't want me to come. maybe he had given everything a second thought and this was the beginning to our friendship falling apart. maybe.

but i wanted to try things differently this time. this time i'd fight for our friendship.

so with a nod, i hop off my bed and completely toss out the idea of staying away from louis to avoid my growing feelings for him. i wanted our friendship to work this time seeing as he was actually a decent human being now.

and i needed to know why he didn't mention this party. with one final shout from the imaginary voice of the bear, i exit the dorm room with daniel.

"harry!" charlie shouts over the loudness of the music playing. i give him a smile and make my way towards him, leaving daniel who was already talking to a brunette haired girl by the entrance of the fraternity house.

after a handshake and a one armed hug (a bro-hug really), he tells about what i've missed. apparently i missed a ton.

he finishes telling how a red-haired girl named katerina who was a year above us had gotten in a fight with another girl who apparently had messed-around with the boy she fancied or something like that. charlie really was not good at storytelling as he would begin to say something, then start saying something else and it would all be in between laughs.

i laugh along trying to be polite and hoping he wouldn't catch on that i was sort of zoning out of the stories. soon though we are in silence as we watch those around shouting over the music.

"hey!" he then says, "have you gotten a drink yet?"

i shake my head and he motions for me to follow him. he leads me to the kitchen where i remembered i told louis off or close to where i did and am surprised to see him standing there with a smile on his face as he chugged down a drink.