ღ chapter nine ღ

found an old screenshot when my story was barely new skdkfkf uWU
-

"but why?" harry whines trailing after anne as she tried to get the house a little bit cleaned up.

"because i already promised, darling," anne replies picking up one of harry's power ranger plushie that had been left on the counter and sets it on the sofa instead facing the telly.

"yeah but-"

"i thought louis was your friend? why don't you want him to come over?" anne interjects curiously. harry shrugs not wanting to admit to his mother that louis wasn't even close to being a friend. and that he was the rude boy from the bus that he complained about a lot.

"i promised to watch him until tomorrow," anne says, "he'll be here any minute now."

harry quietly groaned. he had already dealt with louis today at school, why did he have to be at his house too? and have to sleep over at his house too.

harry took the plushie that anne had barely put on the sofa and takes it to his room. he stuffs it under his bed so louis wouldn't tease him about being a baby for having one. when he pops up from under his bed he hears the doorbell ring.

he's here, he thinks.

he takes a deep breath, expecting louis to walk into his room owning the place like he did at school. instead he is shocked by having louis quietly walk into the room and placed his things at the far corner of harry's room and leaves without saying a word to him.

harry follows after him and he notices louis talking to his mother and anne nodding along to what louis was telling him. anne then spotted harry and waved him to come forward.

"is this true, harry?" anne asks not believing what louis had just told him.

"i told her," louis whispers. he was done. he was tired of being mean to harry. he had made harry cry two times and he felt extremely guilty for it both times. harry's pink-crying face was permanently engraved in his head.

he wanted a new start. so he figured he'd start by telling harry's mother about the terrible things he'd say or do to her son. 

"why didn't you say anything to me, harry?" anne questions her son. harry bites his lip unsure of what to say.

"i'm really sorry," louis apologizes, his eyes full with sincerity, "i really am."

"it's okay, louis, thank you for telling me," anne says. she didn't like the idea of louis being mean to her son but he already seemed ashamed of it and he came clean for it so she figured it was still alright for the two to continue hanging out.

immediately harry asks louis once they're in their room, "why did 'ou do that?"

louis sighs and decides to sit on harry's bed, "since i saw you cry in the bathroom, it made me sad that i was mean to you."

harry nodded and decided not to question any more. did this mean louis was gonna start being nice to him? harry had no idea.

"oh! i brought this camera for us to use," louis then spoke. he got up from the bed and went to pick up his book bag from the floor and reached in to find a camera that would print automatically.

why did a seven year old have one? harry had no idea.

"get on your bed," louis orders the four year old. harry climbs into his bed and grabs a toy that was left there this morning and looks confused towards louis unsure why he wanted him on the bed.

louis almost smiles as he sees the confused look on the younger lad, almost, but ends up putting the camera up to his face, "1,2,3."

a bright flash covered harry's eyes. he rubbed his eyes from the effect and watched as louis took the picture that the camera was printing. louis turns the picture around to show harry and he is amazed at how amazing the picture turned out:

 louis turns the picture around to show harry and he is amazed at how amazing the picture turned out:

"this is 'ool!" beamed harry snatching the picture from louis' grip. he then realized what he just did and sheepishly gave him back the photo he just took of him.

"it's okay, you can keep it, harry," louis smiles. SMILES. harry has seen louis smile before yet it was never directed towards him.

he smiled back and both just stared at each other smiling.

"okay, weirdo," louis laughs joking with him but harry immediately thought louis was being mean and name-calling him.

"oh no! i meant it as a joke," louis quickly says.

"o..okay," harry says, "thanks for the 'icture."

"you're welcome, do you like the candy haribo?" louis questions walking towards his book bag pulling out a huge bag of haribo.

"i like the 'reen ones," harry answers back. louis nods and goes to the bed and opens the bag for the two to share. he wanted to be nice and this was him trying to be.

"here you go," louis offers harry a few green haribos and harry smiles as he takes them. he grins as he bites the heads off first and louis just stares at him.

he watched as harry giggled, giggled, as he munched on the green haribos and he'd be lying to himself if he said he didn't find it adorable.

"you like biting their heads of first eh?" louis laughs. harry nods and continues to grab a few green ones from louis' bag (cautiously cause he didn't wanna overstep louis' niceness) and bites the little heads off each haribo.

"i think i'll start calling you haribo," louis amusedly says.

harry tilted his head in confusion but then realized why such a name. he realized the many haribos without heads in his left hand and he bursted out laughing. the laughs were music to louis' ears. he wondered why he even bothered being mean to harry.

he could listen to harry's laugh all day and simply not get tired of it.

~

a/n:

heyyy, i am absolutely falling in love with this story. i have big plans for it and as well i hope y'all don't mind the fact that louis is no longer going to continue being mean to harry.

he feels guilty so he's trying to be a better person:v

anyway, how are you??

prepare yourself for next chapter cause it's sorta all over the place skdjfnf

unedited/unrevised

july 28, 2020

- sarah