Chapter 53-I can't be mad

Avengers facilityElliott's POV

Avengers facility
Elliott's POV

About a hour later all of us gathered into a lounge, to discuss the accords, I wasn't happy but no one really said much. Sam and Rhodes went at it though.

"Secretary Ross has a congressional Medal of Honor, witch is one more then you have" Rhodes pointed at Sam.

Natasha sat down on a single couch while I stood next to her, rica and Wanda siting next to vision. Steve looking over the accords.

And tony, well he's not talking to much.

"So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?" Sam shit back.

"117 countries want to sign this. 117, Sam, and you just like, 'no it's cool. We got it'"

"How long are you going to play both sides?"

"I have an equation" vision interrupted them.

"Great let's see What the Android has to say" I said sarcastically, leaning onto one of my legs, my arm's crossed.

"I'm the eight years since Mr, stark announced himself as iron man the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. And during the same period the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate" vision spoke so calm it made me wanna just get mad at that.

"So your basically saying it's our fault?" I shot at him, very annoyed.

"I'm saying there may be a causality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict. . . Breeds catastrophe. Oversight. . . Oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand"

"Boom" Rhodes teased Sam who glared at him.

"Tony. You alright there? Usually you'll be chatting up a storm around about now, it's not like you" I chuckled.

"It's because he's already made up his mind" Steve stated. I looked at him confused. "What?"

"Boy you know me so well. Actually I'm nursing an electromagnet headache" Tony got up from his sweet walking over to the kitchen. "That's what's going on cap. It's just pain. It's discomfort" tony reached into the sink grabbing a mug.

"Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal? Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?" Tony paced down a little table and a hologram of a young African American man appeared on it. "Oh, that's Charles Spencer, by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA. Had a floor-level gig at an Intel planned for the fall. Big first he wanted to put a few miles on his soul before he parked it behind a desk. See the world. Maybe be of service" tony faced everyone in the room, I think I know what he's getting at.

"Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam, which sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where. Sokovia" this stunned everyone, as we all shut up, a somber mood in the room.

"He wanted to make a difference, I suppose. We won't know because we dropped a building on him while we were kicking ass" tony took a sip from the coffee he made. Walking back to where we were at. "There's no decision making process here. We need to be put in check! Whatever form that takes I'm game. If we can't accept limitations, if we're boundary-less, we're no better than the bad guys"

Wow, he wants this, he wants us to give this up. "Tony, if someone dies on your watch you don't give up, you taught me that" I looked to him slightly hurt.

"Who said we're giving up?" Tony questioned.

"We are if we're not taking responsibility for our actions. This document just shifts the blame" Steve said to tony.

"And if they shift all of it, we could be labeled as a threat to this world" I added.

"I'm sorry, Steve, Elliott. That is dangerously arrogant. This is the United Nations we're talking about. It's not the world security council, it's not S.H.I.E.L.D., it's not hydra—"

"No but it's run by people with agendas and agendas change" Steve cut Rhodes off.

"That's good. That's why I'm here. When I realized what my weapons were capable of in the wrong hands I shut it down and stoped manufacturing" tony walked closer to steve.

"You chose that! I remember what happened back in 2010 with Ivan vanko. I know why you chose to stop! But with this we surrender our right to choose" I looked to Steve, he seams to agree with me.

"He's right Tony. What if this panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go? What if there's somewhere we need to go and they don't let us? We may not be perfect, just like Elliott said, the safest hands are still our own" Steve spoke quickly.

"if we don't do this now, it'll be done to us later. That's the fact. That won't be pretty" I shook my head at tony.

"Your saying they'll come for me" Wanda stated, the first time she's talked all this time. "We would protect you"

The next thing completely surprised the hell out of me. "Maybe Tony's right" Rica spoke calmly.

The next voice to agree with her was Natasha. "If we have one hand on the wheel, we can still steer. If we take it off"

My heart dropped as i Hurd her say this, both of my favorite girls on the other side. "Aren't you the same woman who told the government to kiss her ass a few years ago?" Sam looked at Natasha annoyed.

I looked down at Natasha, slightly hurt, I know everyone can have their own opinion and I didn't wanna change theirs, but it stung.

"I'm just reading the terrain" Natasha said looking up at me, sorrowful. "We have made some very public mistakes. We need to win their trust back"

Rica leaned forward in her seat. "I've Learned from my time here, we try to save as many as we can, but we... we leave behind worse. Tony's right in a sense that we need some boundaries" She looked to Wanda. "But I won't let them hurt you"

"Hold on. Focus up. I'm sorry did I miss hear you two or did y'all agree with me?" Tony looked at the two.

"I want to take it back now—" Natasha and rica both got cut off by Tony.

"No, you can't retract it. Thank you. Okay case closed. . . I win"

I looked at Natasha and rica, I wanted to say something but I respect their ideas and I see where they are coming from. But last time I was under the government, it didn't work out to well.

"Moms right, we need to earn their trust back" I sighed, looking down at the floor.

A buzz from Steve's phone took me out of my mind. "I have to go" steve quickly stood up from his seat walking away from us. "Steve" I went after him.

When I finally found him he was standing by stairwell. "You good man?"

He looked up to me, visibly tears in his eyes. "Peggy passed away"