Chapter 40-party disaster

Avengers tower Elliott's POV

Avengers tower
Elliott's POV

As the party went on, the crowd of people started to die down. Much to my pleasure that is, I still hate being in crowds, so it was a breath of fresh air.

Later on in the night everyone was gone except for of course the avengers, Maria was still here along with doctor Hellen and rica who sat close to Steve.

We were all sitting around on a set of couches, I was sitting down, my back against the back of the couch, Natasha nestled into my side, her head on my shoulder.

"But it's a trick!" Clint exclaimed sitting on the floor twirling some Drumsticks, he and Thor we're having an argument about his hammer and only Thor being able to pick it up. "No, no, it's much more then that" Thor said handing Steve the Asgardian liquor.

"Ah, whosoever be he worthy shall Haveth the power' what ever, man! It's a trick" Clint has done his best impression, honestly it was funny watching this. "Please be my guest" Thor pointed to the hammer.

"Come on Clint do it! I would love to see you fail at the most simplest task" I encouraged him. He quickly stood up.

"Oh this is gonna be beautiful" Rhodes joked. "Right" I agreed with him.

"Clint you've had a tough week. We won't hold it against you if you can't get it up" tony joked. Everyone laughed at this. "You know I've seen this before, right?" Clint said to Thor.

Clint grabbed onto the hammer and with no luck he couldn't lift it. Clint laughed. "I don't know how you do it!"

"Smell the silent judgement?" Tony said. "Please, stark by all means"

"Oh no, here we go, you got the egotistical billionaire into this" I said chuckling, Taking a sip of my beer.

Tony stood up walking over to the hammer. "Never one to shrink from an honest challenge" tony passed Barton putting his hand on the hammer. "It's physics"

"So if I lift it, then I rule Asgard?" Tony asked thor. "Yes, Of course"Thor responded.

"I would love to see how bad tony would screw up Asgard" I joked, earning a few laughs form the ground. "He would make it all about himself" Natasha added.

"I will be reinstitution prima nocta" Tony pulled onto the hammer, it did not budge. "You were saying?" I grinned. Tony glared at me. "I'll be right back" tony left the room and came back with his iron man hand.

Again it didn't move so he got Rhodes to help him. And even with the two of them it didn't budge. "Are you even pulling?" Rhodes asked tony. "Are you on my team?" Tony shot back. "Just represent pull" and with no luck the two gave up. Banner went next, and to say it was awkward was an understatement.

"How about you cap? Give it a shot" I told steve. He nodded standing up and going to the hammer. "Come on, cap" Barton cheered. Steve pulled the hammer, my eyes widened as it budged slightly.