Chapter 49-I'm never leaving you again

Avengers tower, Quinjet Elliott's pov

Elliott's pov

After the little talk with rica, we made our way to the Quinjet.

Everyone was loading into the jet that will ultimately take us to Ultron, that is the plan.

Steve stood in the middle of the jet, his blue eyes panning around to everyone in the jet, rica moved over to Wanda taking her hand into her's, a small smile appeared on Wanda's face.

"Cap, you're up" I nodded for him to start talking, he nodded back, and standing straight up. "Ultron know's We're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out" Steve took a long pause.

We have a mission, kill Ultron, save our world.

"All they want is to live their life in peace. And that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building, we find romanoff, and we clear the field" my body tensed up at her name, Steve looked directly to me when he mentioned Natasha.

"Keep the fight between us"steve took another long pause, looking down to the floor of the jet. "Ultron thinks we're monsters. That's We're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right"

I looked up to cap, he's always had a way to motivate us in these hard times. "Good one cap, makes me feel like I could die knowing I did something heroic" I joked.

2 hours later
Sokovia

The moment we touched down in sokovia, everyone got to work, the twins and rica on getting the city evacuated. Me and Bruce on finding Natasha.

"Elliott, I don't know if this is a good idea" Bruce spoke nervously, he's afraid of himself, or the hulk mainly after his incident in Africa.

"Don't worry, as soon as we finish with this, you can go back to what you've been wanting to do" I reassured the scientists.

The bricks under our feet crumbled and moved as we stepped into the hydra base that we raided not to long ago.

"Natasha!" I yelled, my voice echoing around the walls.

"Elliott!" Natasha voice was strained, hurt and shaky.

I ran to the sound of her voice, and the sight in front of me was one I wish to never see again. Natasha looked out of it. Deeply. "You alright?" I asked her, the two of us being separated by the bars in front of us. "Yeah" she responded.