Chapter 30-trust

Seconds after the explosionELLIOTT'S POV

ELLIOTT'S POV

The moment I regained my consciousness my body felt like it was on fire, my head was hurting, everything felt broken. "Ugh" I pushed a few rocks off of me. "Miller, help me here"

I saw steve trying to push some rocks out of the way. I used all my strength and together me and Steve pushed the rocks off of us, the light from the fire is the only light.

I stood up, my legs hurting, when I turned around my heart instantly dropped, Natasha was nocked out cold. "Natasha!" I panicked, I kneeled Down placing my head against her chest, she was breathing, thank god.

I picked her up bridal style. "Let's go!" I told steve, I Hurd cars getting closer to us. He nodded and we both stepped out of the rubble.

We ran about a mile until we found another car that we were able to Hotwire. Steve got in the divers seat and I got in the passenger seat with Natasha on my lap, her head against my chest.

I can't let her go, I can't do that right now. This is the first time I've seen her this weak, even as she looked so vulnerable, she still looked so deadly, it was wired.

I ran my hand through her red hair, my eyes focused on only her.

"She'll be alright, she always is" Steve said taking me out of my stare.

"Yeah, I know, I just hate seeing her like this" I held her tighter.

Steve stayed quiet for a few seconds before speaking again. "Have you told her?" I raised an eyebrow, confusingly. "That you know, like her"

"Oh, that's what you meant" I shook my head saying no. "I don't know if she even likes me that way, or if it'll even work"

"You can't be afraid to take a risk" Steve said.

I scoffed. "Yeah like you? You jump outa elevators and fight quinjet's for fun?"

Steve laughed. "I took that risk in 1945 to save the world, I gave up a lot to do what was right, you, Elliott, you have a chance at something special"

I nodded my head, understanding what he meant. "You know, when I first met you I thought you would be way worse, the way tony talked about you made you look like a self centered person. but now I know you're just a man out of time, trying to help and fix the new world, and I'm glad to have a friend like you"

"Well we both are in kinda the same boat, taken from our time and thrown into a new one not knowing what to do" steve said. He's really good a speeches.