A Goddess Tale: The Blood Bride

*Warning: The following chapter contains scenes that may not be suitable for many viewers. Keep in mind that this is a backstory, things get intense while the history of the planet gets revealed. You have been warned.*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilith grinned as she used her dark magic in front of the cult that was growing in the underground. She especially loved these humans who could do the same magic as she did, making her ego inflate larger than it should. Their eyes widen as they watched her fingers shape the creature of darkness in front of them.

"My lady," One of the elders asked, fascinated by her art. "What are you going to use that creature for?"

"This creature is one of the deadliest beings known to your kind and will be the one to bring the downfall of my sister's society." Lilith replied, a smug look on her face. "I'm still working on the name, but I will unleash this thing at the wedding ceremony that will take place this afternoon. Once it bites the groom, he will be utterly helpless as he succumbs to his darkest desires."

The other cloaked members gasped in awe as the creature started wriggling in her fingers, finally taking the form of a rather large serpentine monster. It's eyes were red with a tint of pink, the scales were as black as midnight, and the fangs were large and dripping with a sickly red venom. The younger members edged closer, trying to see the new being before it hissed at them, making them scream. Chuckling, Lilith draped the new being over her shoulders and walked out of the laboratory she had created in her own society.

"Asrael, I leave you in charge. I will return as soon as my plan falls in motion." Lilith said, gazing at the large man who bowed his head in her presence. Like her sister, he had the goddess' blessing of darkness and was currently mastering control over shadow creatures. Lilith was proud of her protege, often doting him and made him the leader of the cult. The others couldn't be jealous due to the fact that he had the power of subjugation as well.

"I will look over your children of the night and make sure no harm comes to them." Asrael assured her, his dark orbs boring into hers.

"Good." Lilith said before vanishing in a puff of smoke.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ray took one last look in the mirror as he adjusted his official wedding robes.

Today was the day, the day that he would get to lead the others in the first wedding. Like she promised, Cosmo had created a female that was everything he had asked for in a woman. Her name was Nessa and she was a spitting image of her supposed "mother". Everything she was he saw Cosmo herself in. From the same golden eyes, light orange hair, and wonderful personality.

Yes, she was everything he wanted in a female.

Except for the fact that she was not the one he loved.

If anything, Ray wanted to marry the goddess herself. He prayed that she would give him a chance and return those feelings that he had for her. Ever since the day he was blessed with similar powers as his beloved, he hoped that she would marry him and leave a legacy behind that would last forever. Alas, he couldn't muster up the courage to ask her out or even talk to her. Heck, just because of a simple miscommunication, he ended up asking for a bride instead of proposing to her.

He smacked himself in the head for that one.

Now he fretted about the room in the highest tower of the temple. He was the high priest, he couldn't have any feelings for the lovely maiden of sun and light. A small part of him, a sliver in the middle of his heart, wanted her to at least share one smile with him that was genuine.