Whips: Seize

You put a sour little flavor in my mouth now

You move in circles hoping no one's gonna find out

But we're so lucky,
Kiss the ring and let 'em bow down

Looking for the time of your life (ain't always gonna find out)
___________________________

Zayn

6 years ago

My thoughts were clean, I was pure. 17 years old, and already hitting the world with everything I had.

Young, virgin, smart, and independent -- qualities that made me, me; but made me a target.

Not in harms way, but actually attracted the wrong. Walking down the streets of Boston in the middle of November, with crisp cool air all around me, making me happy.

Despite the joy I was in, I couldn't help but feel as if I was being watched.

I brushed it off and continued walking down the dark empty street, not much of the streets really, I was on the sidewalk of one of the quiet places of the city.

I felt the eerie sensation of being followed again, so I turned around but there wasn't a sign of anybody -- turning back around I jumped at the fright.

"Jesus Christ, Liam.", I said grabbing my chest. You see, Liam wasn't always bad -- I didn't always know he was affiliated with anything bad, or was into a dark lifestyle.

He was rather.. cute and innocent.

He cooed at my fright, "Aww baby, I'm sorry for scaring you." I playfully punched his shoulder, "Jerk.", I said as he grabbed ahold of my other hand and started walking down the street again.

"Yeah, but you love me."

We smiled and laughed, and talked about the typical things teenagers talked about. Our present, what we did, what our day was like -- all really pointless things but we shared a bond that made everything seem so important, everything so special.

We were perfect, he was perfect.

We've been dating for a year, and in that year We learned what true love was. Our walk unfortunately had to come to an end, the thing is, that was the end of it all.

We walked till we were at my doorstep. In as if in one of those coming of age movies, we kissed in departure. But what occurred next, neither of us could of imagined.

"Zayn!", my father shouted as he opened the door. "Is this what you do? Go around kissing guys like a faggot, hmm?", his voice and what came out of his mouth was pure venom.

I was lost at words, Liam was about to defend me but was beat to it by my dad, "You're never to see him again!", he said as he grabbed me by my arm and took me into the house.

Something else that I didn't realize then, was that, that wasn't the end of just us. But also the end for him; but most importantly, I didn't realized how much that day was a red flag. How my father was protecting me from something greater.

Liam wasn't average, he wasn't like the rest -- his family had money, a lot of it. His house was a mansion, he resided like a King; and the rest of our senior year of high school, he disappeared and I graduated, broken hearted, alone, and with zero clue of what fate had in store for me next.

2 years later

"An old writer once said, 'Intamacy is to be shed upon two soul mates, thus creating conflict upon those who share not feelings for each other.' Who can prove this genius incorrect?", my professor asked.