Chains: Trois

" Walking through a crowd, the village is aglow

Kaleidoscope of loud heartbeats under coats

Everybody here wanted something more

Searching for a sound we hadn't heard before
And it said

Welcome to New York "

___________________________

Zayn

The both obnoxious and excruciating pain caused by the pounding in my head is overwhelming.

My eyes snap open as I roll over and groan loudly into my pillow -- as the pounding in my head became even more overwhelming I became even louder.

I hissed as I tried to sit up.

I was about to shout Niall's name, maybe my roommate could at least help. After all he was with me when I entered into this alcoholic nightmare.

But come to think of it, I also remember something else. My mind raced to put pieces together and try to remember that small yet surely important detail -- head pounding even harder, making the pain insufferable, but instantaneously it all went away.

And then it hit me. The memory of a perfect image, a memory of pure green. A green that burns an aesthetic image into my head, bulbous emerald eyes. My simple yet full of life aesthetic that I seemed to not be able to remember who they belonged too.

An image was slowly, but surely building up in my mind -- but as soon as I was about to finish it, Niall came into my room. Panting, practically flabbergasting -- "Zayn get the hell up! It's past eight, we're already late!"

Quickly I got up, basically screaming due to the sheer pain that was quickly flooding my head once more.

For some reason, thinking about those emerald eyes kept the pounding in my head at ease.

But right now I had no time. Niall came back into my room with ibuprofen and some water for me.

I stayed in silence as I tried my best to keep the pain down.

In the car, Niall drove at an alarming speed, we probably passed the speed limits of the campus -- but nonetheless we were quick and made it to classes only ten minutes late.

Time in our classes passed by just as fast. The next thing I knew was that I was being called by my professor.

"Mr.Malik, do you remember our conversation from earlier in the semester? -- the one were we discussed your potential internship with a real publishing agency.", my mind clicked in a swiftly manner.

"Of course! Do you have any other news on it? -- is it a go, or a no?", I asked with much excitement. Professor Cowell chuckled, my excitement brought out the kid in me; but I can't help it.

My life is an originally unoriginal cliché. A full blown oxymoron, filled with both teen angst and orthodox mature scenarios.

Everything from my horrid, inhumane past -- to my current, perfect present; has been overly cliché. And now, if things go accordingly, I'll be able to do one of the things that will for sure give me a happy ending.

An internship with a major publishing corporation is exactly what can put the spotlight on me. I could pitch my idea for a novel that I've actually been wanting to give a go ... so many things are happening, it's almost as if my life was a fanfiction. Perfect, almost.

"Earth to Zayn.", Cowell said. I stuttered out an apology as my cheeks tinted a light red, "Uh - yes - I, uh - sorry."

He chuckled once more before speaking, "Its quite alright. I would be just as excited if I got admitted to work with a top publishing agency too.", he grinned as I processed what he just said.

I went ballistic, I was beyond joyous! "You start in ...", he checked his watch, "... an hour, so that'll give you enough time to get your self to Styles Co."

And with no other words shared between us, I was gone.

I thought about getting Niall to drive me, but with it being a quarter past twelve, his lunch break was over, and he's in one of his classes -- so I ran through the campus and made my way to the nearest subway station, and hitched a ride to Times Square.

The place is astonishing. Even in the high rise of the day, the heart of New York is beautiful. The tall buildings covering the sky, and chockablock street crossings and sidewalks; leave me speechless.

Welcome to New York.

I walked through the busy walkways, looking for the building that might hold a life of pure bliss for me.

After many run intos, and pardons being shared between me and other people I arrived at my destination.

Styles Co. Publishing Agency, read in giant elegant metallic letters. I inhaled deeply and walked in, the cool air of the building hit me, making me shiver.

I strolled to the receptionist desk, which there was currently no one at. But no longer than ten seconds later, a blonde, beautiful lady showed up.

Brittany Michelle Dawson

Secretary

Styles Co.

Said her employee tag. "Are you lost?", she said in a demeaning tone, but I didn't let it get to me. I cleared my throat, "I'm Zayn Malik.", she looked at me baffled, and showed an expression of zero interest.

"The intern from Mr.Cowell's class in NYU.", I tried clarifying.

"There you go. It's impossible to know who a nobody is -- I'll take you up to see Mr.Styles.", she replied rather rudely.

I kept quiet. I was quite insulted, but I showed no sign of being fazed by her words.

The air was thick, awkwardness was present; but thankfully we made it to Mr.Styles office.

She walked in and I heard her say, "Sir, the intern is here.", I heard a sound of approval and Brittany opened up the door even more, letting me in. She quickly shut the door and walked away as I stood in the office awkwardly.

A tall handsome man, with long beautiful, slightly curly hair stood in front of the office window. His silhouette made me nervous, the silence didn't make things better.

I heard him clear his throat and in a slowly, melodramatic fashion, he turned around.

Emerald was all I saw, and just like that, the nervousness in me fled my body.

My aesthetic.

✖️✖️✖️

Ok, bare with me guys. It's the beginning to a successful story, I can feel it. Just let it start and let the characters introduce themselves and sooner or later, they'll clash, and much drama and suspense will occur.

Trust me guys, you'll absolutely love this story.