Chapter Twenty Three

"Don't worry I'm going to get rid of any doubts that you have."

Both Nick and I turned our head to the door and there stood Erick and Romeo. Relief washed over my body when  I saw them standing there.

"You mother fucker" Erick swore taking long strides into the room and ripping Nick off of me before throwing him across the room. "Lex  are you okay?" Romeo asked helping me to my feet, "Rom" I said crying in to his chest as he wrapped his arms around me protectively.

"Shh, you're safe now, everything's gonna be okay" he said stroking my hair. I pulled away and looked at Erick who was on top of a bloody Nick. "I fucking told you didn't I? I fucking told you that I would kill you if anything happened to her. You're a dead man" he said continuing to punch him.

"Erick leave him" Romeo said sternly, but Erick didn't let go. Romeo let go of me and pulled Erick away from a now unconscious Nick. "Relax!" Rom shouted as Erick tried to fight him, he said something into Erick's ear that made him freeze.

Erick immediately turned to me and engulfed me in a tight hug. "Are you okay?" He said holding my face and looking at the brusies and blood. "I'm fine now" I said burying my head in his chest, "Erick you were right" I chocked out. "Shh, don't say anything" he said.

"No, you were right about everything, I'm so sorry" I cried into him and he wrapped his arms tighter around me. "Come on let's get her home" Romeo said, Erick nodded and lifted me up bridal style. "I can walk" I said, "I know but you don't need to" Came his reply.

"I need you to close your eyes now, and not look until I say you can. Can you do that for me?" He asked looking into my eyes, I furrowed my brows at him. "Why-" "just trust me. Do you trust me?" He asked cutting me off. I nodded my head in reply, "Good now close your eyes" I did as he said.

Then I felt him begin to walk, "keep them closed okay?" His breath fanned my face, "Okay" I said wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning my head on his chest.

The metallic smell of blood wafted through the air but I just pressed my head closer to him and listened to the steady rhythm of his heart. By the time I felt myself being placed in the back seat of a vehicle, I was almost passed out and too tired to even open my eyes.

"Is she going to be okay?" I heard Erick ask worriedly, "She's going to be fine" came Romeo's reply. "Just do me one favour" Rom said, "what's that?" Erick asked.

"Just don't let go of her again."

I felt Erick's soft lips brush against my forehead, "I don't plan to" he replied to his brother. That was the last thing I had heard before everything went blank, and I succumbed to my tiredness.

Everything was okay now, everything was fine. When I woke up I was in my room under the covers, I sat up but my body hurt, I looked at myself in the mirror and saw that someone had wiped the dirt and blood from my face.

"Hey what are you doing out of bed?" Erick asked coming in with a tray of food, he set it down at the foot of the bed and came to my side. "Is anything hurting?" He asked worriedly looking me over, "I'll be okay" I said giving him a small laugh.

"Get back into bed until you've fully recovered" he said leading me to the bed, "Erick I'm fine really, just a few scratches" I said as he pulled the covers over me. He sorted, "yeah right."

"Here have something to eat then take these painkillers, sleep it off and I mean it" he said in a stern tone. "Okay dad" I said taking a spoon full of the cereal, he sat down next to me. "I'm sorry about the things I said" he sighed before he started to speak, "I guess you were right, about Nick and about what I did to you" I replied.

"But like I said before I forgave you a long time ago for all of that, I just got mad you didn't believe me. But now I we have to build the trust we had back up" he said holding my hand.

"Now?" I asked my heart skipping a beat, "Yes now, because I'm not leaving you anymore. When you go to sleep at night I'll be there, when you wake up in the morning I'll be there, on birthdays, bad days, good days. All of it I'm gonna be right next to you." He brought my hand up to his lips and kissed it before looking back at me.

His eyebrows furrowed, "Why are you crying?" He asked worriedly. I brought my hand up to my cheek and felt that it was wet, I laughed and rubbed them away. "Sorry I didn't realise I was crying. These are happy tears" I said looking up at him. He placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"You have no idea how long I've dreamt of you saying that."