Chapter Nine

"So how was the trip? Did you find anything that could help with finding your friends?" Jason asked as he filled our cups with coffee. I sighed at his question and ran a hand through my hair.

It was no surprise that I was more stressed ever since my past walked through the door.

"Actually Erick found some emails on Rom's computer at their house, Colten is doing a trace at the moment to find out who they were sent to. And Cami's mom confirmed that she had been acting out of character before they disappeared" I relayed the information.

"Wow, that's a lot" he said taking a sip from his mug, I let out a humourless huff. "Alex I know things have been off lately with all that's happening in your life, but I feel like we won't ever get another chance, Alex I-"

"Morning" the front door opened cutting Jason off. I got off the stole and walked to the living room to see who it was, "How'd you get in?" I asked putting my hands on my hips trying to look intimidating.

"Well I wasn't in prison for noting Lex...or was I?" Erick said smirking at me, "Erick I-" I was about to apologise again because I felt like shit after hearing him say that. "Let's not get into that just yet we've got bigger fish to fry" he cut me off.

"I came to tell you that Colten found out where the emails were getting sent to" he said, "really?" I asked hope filling my heart. "Yeah there was one address that Rom kept sending and getting emails from, that same address was also sending him threats" he continued.

"Who's it coming from?" I asked, "This guy named Michael Petrov" he replied. "That's great Colten can send someone to ask some questions and we can go from there" I said interlocking my fingers and holding it to my chest. "That's actually the problem, the guys a Russian mob boss in Romania" Erick's eyes searched mine as he spoke.

My heart skipped at his words and tears filled my eyes. "What?" I asked in disbelief, "Fuck! Just fucking great. Everytime we get close so finding them something else has to come in the fucking way" I said running a hand through my hair and pulling at the roots.

"Hey relax" Erick said in a soothing voice, "believe me, I know it's frustrating but we're almost there. We almost have them back, we just have to keep going for a little bit more" he stepped in front of me and put his hands on both my arms. The small action sent shock waves though my body, this was the first time he touched me since I saw him again.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again and looking into his eyes. He looked at me and his eyes soften, I knew he wanted to do more then just hold my arms but he was stopping himself, I could see it.

Jason walked in from the kitchen and looked between the two of us before clearing his throat, Erick's  hands immediately fell to his sides and he stepped back. I felt cold as soon as he moved let go of me.

"So what now?" I asked ignoring Jason's intrusion, "Colten said he would swing by any minute now to tell us" he said then walked in the direction of the kitchen. "Everything okay Alex?" Jason asked placing a hand on my shoulder.

I jumped at the sudden contact, I turned to him and saw hurt flash through his eyes before he covered it up with concern. "Y-yeah, it will be" I said giving him a weak smile.

Erick walked back into the living room with a cup of steaming hot coffee in his hand. "If you say so, I'm gonna take a shower" Jason said looking between Erick and I before walking in the direction of the bathroom.

I watched his retreating back until he disappeared, then turned my attention to Erick who at on the couch sipping his coffee and watching the morning news. "Um...you want me to make you some breakfast?" I asked slowly approaching him, and sitting on one of the couchs. "No I'm good for now" he replied not looking at me, I just nodded and looked at the TV.

I looked back at him and was about to speak when there was a knock on the door, I inwardly sighed. "It's open" I called, "oh good you're both here" Colten said sitting with us.

"So I take it Erick has already filled you in with the latest discoveries. So let's get to the second part" he said, "I feel it would be better to go to Romania" he said. "Why?" Erick asked, "all the evidence points in Petrov's direction and I have a strong feeling your brother is with him" he replied.

"Surely you can't base this of strong feelings" I argued, "no we can't but I know Romeo is somewhere in Romania, we just have to go there to confirm and get them out" he explained. "And how exactly do you plan on doing that?" Erick asked. 

"You if course" Colten said looking straight at Erick.