Chapter Nineteen

"Where have you been? Uh? Jason's been trying to call you all night" he said angrily. I took a step back at his tone. "I'm sorry we had to put our phones off during the show and we lost track of time, I apologise-" Nick cut in.

"Shut up, I was not talking to you" Erick said in a low growl. I rolled my eyes at him, "What do you want Erick?" I asked crossing my arms in front of me. He looked to me and his eyes softened, "I had some stuff to take care of and now that it's done, I thought you and me could talk" he said in a softer tone.

My stomach fultered at his words. "About what?" I asked tears filling my eyes. "I think you said enough by not saying anything at all. I'm trying to get my life in order Erick" my voice shook as I spoke. "In order really? But you're hanging out with this prick, who has a sliver spoon so far up his ass you can see it when he yawns" He pointed at Nick.

"What did you just say?" Nick asked in a treating tone taking a step forward, "Come near me and I will knock you the fuck out" Erick said also taking a step forward. I quickly got in front of Erick and placed my hand on his chest to hold him back. "Stop!" I commanded looking between them.

"She doesn't know does she?" Erick asked looking at Nick, "doesn't know what?" I asked looking at Nick. He set his lips in a grim line before replying, "that's none of your damn business" Nick replied to Erick.

"That's were you're wrong. She's my business and if anything or anyone hurts or takes advantage of her. Then. It's. My. Business." Erick spat.

"Nick I think you should leave, I'll text you later" I said turning to him, he looked at me then at Erick and hesitated for a minute before nodding his head. He gave me one last kiss on the cheek which I knew was to anger Erick even more, because he looked at Erick while he kissed me.

Nick then turned and left. I watched as he disappeared from sight before turning my glare at Erick. His eyes softened and glossed over when he started back at me. "Alex-" "save it!" I said pushing past him and entering the apartment. I noticed that it was usually quite, "Jason?" I called looking in the living room.

"Jas-" "he's not here" Erick cut me off coming up behind me. "He got called in to work over time, said he won't be here until morning" he continued. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair before walking to the kitchen and filling a glass with water.

Erick stood behind me staring at me the whole time, I gulped it down then set it in the sink placing my hands on either side of the sink.

Awkward was an understatement. I closed my eyes tightly to settle my thoughts before I turned around to talk to him.

Erick came up behind me and spun me around to face him. He pulled me flush against him and pressed his forehead against mine. "You piss me off you know that?" He asked, my anger flared and I hit him on his chest pushing him away from me. But he kept his hold firm and tight.

"You fucking piss me off too" I ground out, "What the fuck was the reason for you coming here? I have a life now Erick that doesn't include you."

"Oh really? A life without me?" He mocked, "yeah" I replied. He hooked his hands under my legs and lifted me up placing me on the counter and standing between my legs. He looked up at me and bit his bottom lip to prevent him from smirking, amusement flashing through his eyes.

Seeing him do that simple action sent shivers down my spine and made my stomach do flips.

"Is this a joke to you?" I asked shocked at his hot and cold temper. "No, but it sure as hell is sexy" he said giving me a toothy grin. "You- you're full of shit" I breathed out shocked.

He ran a hand through my hair and looked from my eyes to my lips. "Why where you here tonight Erick?" I asked leaning into his touch, "Let's not talk about that right now" he said leaning in. "Erick!" I said pulling back and looking at him, "What?" He asked which made me send him a scolding glare. He sighed and looked down at our legs.

"I didn't know you hung out with people like that, I didn't want you getting hurt" he shrugged playing with my fingers. My heart dropped, "so that's it? You came all this way because you didn't want me hanging around Nick? Let me remind you that I've looked after myself for years before you came along and years after you left."

"Can we not talk about this right now? Yes I didn't want you getting hurt but, I care about you too. I love you" he said his voice just over a whisper.

I had so many emotions and feelings running through my mind and body at that moment. I didn't think, I let my heart take over and lead me off a cliff.

"Show me" I whispered resting my forehead on his, he gulped looking back at me. He pressed a sweet kiss to my lips then pulled away and looked back at me. "That's not what I meant" I said a bit disappointed but amused at the same time.

"Alex you don't know what you're asking for" he sighed, "I'm a big girl Erick, literally, I know what I'm getting into" I replied. He looked into my eyes searching for something, before sighing as if he was in pain and smashed his lips on mine.

The kiss was slow but just what we needed in that moment, he pinched my hips and lifted me off the table. He pulled away and kept his eyes on me as he carried me to my room.

He threw me onto the bed and closed and locked the door behind him before straddling me, and continuing to kiss me. I ran my hands up under his shirt and pulled it off over his head. "Stop!" He said pulling away and sitting up looking down at me.

"Erick, I want this" I said, that was all it took for him to crash his lips back onto mine. "I love you" he whispered looking into my ear when he pulled away, "I love you too."