Chapter Seven

"What the fuck does that mean?" I burst out, Colten winced, "language."

"I don't want any  part in this. I saw him, I got the information you wanted. Now keep it away from me" I said, "Now Alexandra you and I both know you will not be able to sleep peacefully knowing that Camellia is somewhere out there."

I hated when he was right, "I'll get my team up here and we can look through some information together, your knowledge of the couple will be very useful" Colten said standing up and pulling out his phone. A few minutes later the same  two FBI officers came in and set up thier work in the living room.

"I'll make some coffee" Jason mumbled putting the kettle on. "Okay check all social media of the victims and closer family and friends, to see of we can find anything" Colten ordered the men.

"I don't think that's going to work" I said watching them type away on laptops, "and why is that?" He asked. "Because-" the door bell rang cutting me off. I sighed and pulled the door open only to find Erick on the other side, "holy shit! Get in here before someone sees you" I said grabbing the front of his shirt and pulling him in closing and locking the door.

"How'd you know where I lived?" I asked, "I have my ways" he shrugged. "Erick good to see you again son" Colten said holding a hand out for Erick to shake which he ignored. "I came because I had to make a few calls to make sure that your information was true" he said looking at me. "I'm only here because I want my brother back home and safe. Don't think I won't slit your throat when we're done with all this" he looked at Colten, who held his hands up in surrender. 

"Anyway you're just in time, we are doing a sweep of all social media accounts to find some clues" Colten explained as we walked back to the two men typing away. "That's not going to work" Erick said instantly, "that's what I was about to say" I agreed with him.

"Why not?" Colten asked, "the only way you're going to get some real clues is if we go to the place they were last seen" Erick explained. "Yeah then we can find out if there were any signs of a struggle. That also means we'll have to go back to Ravenwood" I added.

The door bell rang again, "who the fuck could that be?" Jason asked coming out with a try of coffee mugs and handing them out. I rolled my eyes and answered the door, "Alex I've been worried sick" Nick enveloped me into a hug as soon as he saw me. "What happened are you okay? I've been calling you all day" he asked pulling away.

"Relax I'm fine, I guess my phone died without me realising" I said closing the door as he forced his way in. "Who are these people?" He asked stopping in his tracks. "Um...that's Colten, the tech guys, and you already know Jason" they all waved at Nick, "and that's Erick" I pointed at him. "Everyone this is Nick" they all mumbled out uninterested greeting except for Erick who looked like he was studying Nick.

"And what exactly is going on?" Nick asked me, "two of my friends went missing and we're trying to find them" I explained the short version of the story. "That's horrible, if there's anything I can do to help let me know" he said taking off his coat and going to stand with Colten.

"Look at you Lexi girl, moving up in life. Never thought you'd change this much" Erick said as I walked past him, "put a can in it okay, he's a nice guy and we're just friends not that it's any of your business" I said glaring at him.

"Sorry boss but they're right we can't get anything" one of the guys said, "told you" I said crossing my arms. "We leave tomorrow morning" Colten said and they packed up before leaving. "I'm going to head out too, keep me updated though" Nick said kissing my hand and giving me a hug. "Bye" I said closing the door, when I turned Erick and Jason stood glaring at me.

I rolled my eyes at them, "grow up" I said and walked passed them. "I'll see you tomorrow" Erick said grabbing his jacket and walking to the door, he opened the door and looked back at me like he wanted to give me a hug like how he used to say goodbye to me. But he knew we couldn't, he turned and closed the door behind him.

Things were never going to be the same between us. "You have got to  tell me what's going on between the two of you, I could cut the tension with a chainsaw" Jason said interrupting my thoughts.