Chapter Ten

"As you've said, the cartel you work for is Petrov's main drug supplier, and you'll be having a meeting with him later this week. Alexandra and I are going undercover, we'll dig up more when we're there" Colten explained.

"You work for the cartel?" I asked looking at Erick, panic flashed through his eyes. "You haven't told her yet?" Colten asked looking between the two of us.

"Told me what?" I asked looking at the two of them, "the opportunity didn't come" Erick defended himself, "well son I think now is as better time then ever" Colten replied.

"A few months ago CIA came to me, they wanted my help with intercepting the cartel. And in return they would clear up all mine and Rom's charges, we could start fresh no more illegal dealings hanging over our head, no more looking over our shoulder or pushing people away to keep them safe" he looked up at me when he said the last part.

"So I got involved with the cartel on the inside, that's how they got me out of prison. But I didn't plan on Rom and Cami being taken or meeting you again" he said.

I was quite just taking in the new information I had just learned. "So as planned you will go with them to met him and get as much information as you can, we will be right behind you" Colten said pulling me away from my thoughts. "Petrov had motive and all the evidence points to him. I believe we will be able to go back to our normal lives soon if all goes well" he said then got up from the couch.

"Pack your bags and keep them ready, in case we have interruptions" Colten said before waking up and walking to the door.

"I gotta go too" Erick said and followed Colten out the door not sparing me a second glance. "Hey what did I miss?" Jason questioned sitting down next to me, "not much" I replied giving him a smile.

"I better get to work, got a few stuff I need to finish up" I said grabbing my bag, "I'll see you later" I said walking out the door. I sat at my desk staring at the black computer screen lost in my thoughts.

Just when I didn't want to get any deeper in this whole situation, some mystical force kept pulling me deeper and deeper down.

The ringing of my phone pulled me out of my thoughts, "hello" I picked up. "There been a change of plans, pack your things we leave tonight" Colten's voice came through the phone. I was about to question him but he cut the call, I sighed slamming my phone down on my desk.

I just entered my apartment and was about to pull my shoes off when the door bell rang again, I inwardly gorned before pulling the door open and glaring at whoever was on the other end. But I froze when I saw Erick, it wasn't the meer sight of him that shocked me, it was the state he was in.

His hair was all over the place like he had been running his hands through it too much, his clothes were dirty with sand and blood, he had blood running down his face and on his hands. I started at him horrified.

"What the fuck happened to you?" I asked pulling him into my apartment quickly, before shutting and locking the door. "Nice mouth" he chuckled but winced and held the side of his abdomen in pain. "What happened?" I asked again sitting him down on the couch, "well since I work for the cartel, part of the job description is getting beat up" he joked.

"Can you be serious for once?" I asked annoyed as I brought the first aid kit. I sat next to him and started to clean the cut on his head. "Where the funny in that Lex?" He asked then winced and glared at me, as I purposefully add more pressure then needed. "Oops" I mumbled and continued.

"My boss sent me to collect some money from this rich snob who's living off daddy's money. His was not very cooperative, made about three of his guards come after me" he explained as I moved on to his bruised and bloody knuckles.

"Looks like you took a few hits" I asked concentrating on what I was doing, he laughed. "I got the money back, so that tells you who won that fight" he smirked at me. "Right God forbid the mighty and powerful Erick Dream get brought to his knees" I said mockingly.

"The only person I allowed to bring me to my knees was you" he said looking into my eyes, I paused and met his gaze. "Erick I-" "it's okay" he cut me off giving me a small smile. "No we can't keep avoiding the topic, it'd going to come back to this sooner or later" I sighed. "You're right, but I would rather it later then sooner" he replied.

"I really am sorry for what I did. I know no matter how many times I tell you thins it's not going to make things better. But I need you to know this, it broke me when I saw you being cuffed and taken away. I take full responsibility for what happened and my actions, and now Romeo and Cami are missing because of me."