1 | Azalea

Hi everyone! I really hope you'll enjoy reading 'Floret'. It's a romance high school story with a tinge of angst coating hehe. I promise it will get better! And if you haven't figured it out already, each chapter or letter signifies a certain flower! Hope you'll like it <3

- Krystalglobe.

⟶ LETTER 

Dear Azalea,

How are you? If you're wondering, I'm alright.

Just like your name, you're fragile and temperance. Everything about you is dazzling. The way your soft black hair cascades down your shoulders, resembling the darkest of nights but with the brightest of stars. Your eyes resemble the small pearls that my mom admires, I wonder if she'll admire you as much. But that's a different thing, coz you're never receiving this letter, right?

You don't even know me, every time we've had a eye contact, I chickened out. I'd leave the room or start talking to someone else. I could never collect the courage to talk to you or confront you about last summer. Last summer when it all happened, I doubt if you remember. You had met me at my father's nursery. You told me how much you admired flowers and how they reminded you of your mom. "Being close to the flowers, makes me feel closer to her." You had said, million stars mirroring in your eyes.

I wish I could tell you I was the same boy who gave you the tour around the nursery, the same guy who you met every week. Not anymore. But I loved the time we spent together. It was marvelous. You see, I'm a nobody in university, nobody knows me except for Bryan. I'm the farmer's son, right? I'm no one special.

But you're the it girl. The girl who every guy desires and deeds for, but unfortunately they don't know you like I do. They must know you're bold and straightforward, they might find you rude or arrogant but the truth is, you're just trying to protect yourself from painful heartbreaks, I totally understand.

I still remember, you had asked me the significance of different flowers, I used to smile every time I'd tell you about the florets, It'd make me jubilant to know someone shared the interest in flowers, just like me.

But I never got to tell you the tales of how you yourself are a flower. How your name itself signifies passion, truly. Azalea, symbol of femininity and of softness. It is also a symbol of womanhood.

It only makes me wonder how graceful and lithe you are. Every time you talk to someone, so polite and sweet. When you're concentrating, your little habit of keeping the pen between your plum lips and nibble on it. I don't intend to be creepy, It's just everything about you is just perfect.

How do I hide my reverence for you?

Good that these letters will forever remain in the darkness of my closet. Nobody will know my secret.

- Your floret boy.