IM Envious

but emily?!?!?1/1/1!?1/1? how are you gonna end the story now~?!?!?q1/

soRry but if you know me at all then you can't have honestly expected me to stay true to my word and finish this without one last twist??? i really meant to i did but then i just

this idea had kind of been in the back of my heaad ever since i made colette kind of just vanish, especially since i knew i wanted her to make a comeback, but it worked out quite nicely because now we get to see more of her character and keep things interesting!!

yay!!!!!!

this story is still ending in 4 chapters h a h a

_______

Louis considers himself to be a fairly strong individual. He takes pride in his independence and in his personality. He appreciates what confidence he has and the tolerance he has built up. 

His strength is seriously being put to the test when a very pregnant, very swollen Colette is hobbling through his front door onto his hardwood floors so she can sit down on his couch. Harry helps her by the arm, what a fucking gentleman, and Louis tries not to scowl too hard. 

She's got large and dark bags under her eyes and her skin is pale, lips cracked and dry, but none of that is as concerning as the amount of weight she's seemed to gain. Louis, having several younger siblings, understands pregnant people. To an extent, Colette should have gained weight. But should she have gained that much?

"Thank you." Her voice is so soft, Louis almost misses it. Jesus Christ, is she pregnant or is she dying? "For letting me come. We... obviously have a lot to discuss."

Harry wipes his sweaty hands on the back of his trousers. Louis stares hard at his feet. It's silent for a moment until Harry cautiously clears his throat, as if he's afraid that the slightest word from him is going to send Louis into a frenzied state of rage and fury, and shuffles around. "Yeah. Obviously."

"Right, then." Louis is talking more to himself than he is to the others, actually. "Let's get this over with."

Harry settles next to Colette on the sofa. He leaves enough space for Louis to slide in next to him, between Harry's broad frame and the arm of the sofa, but Louis opts for the chair across from where Colette is sat. He also pretends not to notice the small look of hurt flash across Harry's face before he disguises his features with a mask of concern. For Colette, of course. And their baby. Not Louis' baby. 

"I realize I haven't given you much of a warning," Colette begins.

"You haven't given us any warning at all, actually." Harry shoots Louis a look that urges him to be quiet, but Louis decided two days ago when Harry had set this meeting up that he was going to say exactly what was on his mind. 

"This is a warning, Louis. That's what this is." Harry tries to ease the tension in the room. Louis is sure Colette appreciates this. He is, however, one hundred percent set on making her feel as awkward as possible. "Go on, Colette."

She rests a hand on her protruding bump softly before she speaks. Louis looks at her red painted fingernails resting on her stomach with jealousy hot in his veins. A baby. Colette is going to have Harry's baby. It's going to be a little person that's half Harry. Louis can't have Harry's baby. He pushes this thought from his mind, mostly because he doesn't really have any other choice. "It's a girl."

"A girl." Harry's voice has grown increasingly tender, and with the way he stares at Colette's hand with such wonder and amazement, Louis would think he had never seen a pregnant woman before. That' is Harry's daughter, though. Harry and Colette's. "What... did you decide what to name her?"