Chapter 7-Frustrated

Super short chapter, I hope to have some writing time soon...in about two weeks hopefully

==================================================================

Chapter 7

On the drive back to the fire station Dad even ran the lights and siren which was totally embarrassing. As we were pulling back into the parking bay for the fire truck he turned the siren and lights off. Shutting off the truck Dad looked over to Alessandro and said, “Take her in through to her room and don’t let anyone touch or talk to her. I am going to call Chief Parker of the city police and tell him his ass better be all over this case. Then she is going to tell me everything and I want you there because she will not leave our sight, understood? When I am on duty you will take leave and vice versa. If anyone asks she fell at the market and hurt her ankle.” Then Dad hopped out the truck and ran into the building. Alessandro was at my side within seconds. I had just unbuckled my seatbelt and was attempting to get out. If the dang truck wasn’t so high off the ground I would be fine.

“What do you think you are doing?” he asked me. Looking down into his face I was mesmerized by the fierce look he was currently giving me. It almost was quite scary.  Until, I noted the concerned anger shooting out of his eyes aimed at me. I had never before really looked at him up close. He had dark chestnut colored hair that was almost black and it fell just over his eyebrows.  As he was looking up at me at this moment our eyes were just locked onto one another. My brown ones warring with his light green eyes; his eyes were beautiful when you really looked into them.

The outside rim of his eyes were a dark emerald green and the inside was so light green I am not sure there is a color that could come close to describing it. He broke eye contact with me when some of the guys came into the garage with us. He swiftly grabbed me and held me tight against his chest. His chest was so tense, strong, and hard with muscle it was difficult to breathe now. I was so close to him I could smell his cologne that smelled like pure masculine and clean with a hint of musk. My arms were around his neck and I couldn’t even process any thoughts other than he is so freaking hot.

“Hey, what the hell happened, Rhetta?” asked Gunner.

“She fell and twisted her ankle at the grocery store,” Alessandro answered. Thank goodness he answered because my brain was the consistency of boiled jelly at the moment.

“Guess that’s one way to get your hands on her finally,” Gunner teased and Alessandro tensed even more than he already was and began walking faster to get inside and I assume away from Gunner.

“What did he mean by that?” I asked finally finding my voice through my curiosity.

“You know Gunner he always talks out his ass,” Alessandro said quickly. I felt disappointment flood through me completely and then I felt anger building. I knew I was just being defensive but I couldn’t stop the words from flying out of my mouth.

“So a man wanting to touch me is him talking out his ass?” I asked and then slammed my hand on my mouth completely horrified that I was actually trying to start a fight with the guy currently trying to help me. By this time we had made it to my room and he was sitting me on the bed. He surprised me when instead of instantly backing away his hands were pushing down on the bed on each side of my body as I sat on the edge of my bed. His face was so close I could smell the cinnamon gum he was chewing. He swiftly and lightly pressed his lips to my forehead with a gentleness I have never before felt. It sent a weird and wonderful sensation all the way to my toes.

“Any man would be hella lucky for you to even want to be touched by him,” Alessandro said and then faster than I could even think he had spun on his heel and was out of the room and shutting my door. All I could think is he is one hella lucky man because he currently has me wanting his touch in places I thought were dead and buried. My cheeks were flushed and my whole body burned with just the thought of what he could do with those big strong hands of his. Frustrated and hurting I flopped back on my bed after carefully placing my bad ankle on the bed.

=============================================================

Please comment