Conflagration Hose Warriors

So I was reading SleeplessInChicago's Smoldering Embers and when I looked at the cover I got an idea for a story so this chappy is dedicated to her! For her general awesomeness and inspiring me so the pic over there is also dedicated to her:)

===================================================================

Chapter 1

Packing the last box into the massive moving truck, I look back at my apartment building. One never knows if they are making the right decision, but I want out of the city. Sure, I will miss my friends and family, but I need new surroundings. It’s like something is calling to me, I can’t really explain it. I have never known anything other than Jersey. By the visit I paid to Geneva, Alabama last month when I had my interview with the fire marshal, I think I will love it there. It's so different from here in Jersey; the way of life there is so much slower paced. It reminds me of all those movies you see where the south is nothing but picket fences and middle class houses where the neighbors all know your business and would do anything to help you out. That’s what I want; a simple and easy life style without the hustle bustle of city, especially the city's women.

Women, oh man, the city women are all over firemen because they think we are some sort of sex gods built to pleasure them and then get the heck out of their lives. At first it's flattering to have sexy women throw themselves at you, but after a while it gets boring. It’s the same thing all the time they bat those horrendous fake lashes at you and push their fake boobs in your face. Some of the dudes I work with asked me if I was gay because I got so sick of the flirting women. What’s the point of getting excited about something that is thrown in your face?

After my long ass road trip, I finally made it to Geneva. Needing a bathroom badly after the three bean burrito I had an hour back at a truck stop, I was desperately searching for a store, gas station, anything that has a roll of toilet paper. As I sat in the truck continuing on my search my stomach started to rumble with shit pains. I was clenching my cheeks together so tight that I am surprised the seat didn’t bust. Man I got to find some place, I can feel the small, wet beads of sweat rolling down my forehead. Just then I seen lights from a gas station so I speed up to get to the station and whip the truck into a spot. Not even locking the truck I rush to the door of the station nearly trampling someone. Without a word of apology or even a look back I trucked on to find the bathroom as a feminine voice rang out.

“Watchout dumbass,” she said, but I was too distracted to look at her.

Ten minutes later I was back on the road looking for my new house. It was a pretty nice house considering. A house like the one I bought would have cost me at least double in Jersey compared to what I paid here in Geneva.

Two days later after my shift was over for the day, I was exhausted from all of the new procedures that differ from my company back in Jersey. This weekend is my weekend off and I want to go camping since I have never been. I googled camping to find out what I need and what to watch out for and now all I need to do is find a camping spot. So I figure the best place to look is the post office which probably has a bulletin board of advertisements. Entering the post office I noticed the bulletin board straight ahead of me. As I was looking over the advertisements I heard footfalls behind me.

“What are you looking for?” she asked. I turned to see who I was talking to and was met by big brown eyes looking very innocent.

“I-I’m looking for a camping area,” I told her. Damn women never make me stutter, but she is fine with her big chocolate eye and little nose with a few freckles across it. Reaching across in front of me close enough I could smell her perfume she grabbed a brochure and laid it in my hand.

“Well I think this would be the ideal place for you to go. It will suit your needs to perfection,” she said softly.

“Thanks,” I told her dazed by the fact that that little innocent woman could tighten my jeans in a matter of seconds. She nodded and walked back to her post office box. The pamphlet she handed me said the place was called Springs Crick Camps. It had a few pictures and said they even had cabins in case you changed your mind about the camping outdoors. Calling the number to make my reservation the operator answered the phone, “How may I help you?”

“I want to make a reservation for camp site,” I tell him.

“Yes sir well here at Springs we welcome all and only men to enjoy the great outdoors and per our legal agreements we have to leave a few bits off the flyer so as not to offend anyone. Now will you be opting for a cabin or the clothing optional beach area?” the operator asked. Damn, I am going to kill that chick if I ever see her again. What would cause a complete stranger to want to do something that mean to another complete stranger?

“Actually, I think I shouldn’t go this weekend but thanks,” I say and quickly hang up. Going to my fridge I look around to see not a damn thing in there to eat except some old pizza. Deciding I should go to the grocery store I get dressed and drive downtown and pull into the market. As I was exiting my truck I see miss bitch getting out of her prius.

Rhetta’s POV

Oh shit, here comes that jackass from the post office. I swear it’s like he has a gps on me or something. First he nearly bulldozes me to get into the gas station and now here he comes again. He looks like his boxers are bunched by the pissed off look on his face. It is difficult at this moment not to laugh my ass off at the look on his face. His gaze was so intense, I could nearly feel the lazers shooting from his eyes.

“Well, I would tell you how wonderful it is to see you again, but I don’t lie to strangers,” I said smugly.

“Do I look gay to you?! HUH,” he said still walking purposefully toward me. I started to get a little frightened by his anger now but I won’t show it. Hell no I am a southern woman dammit!

“Well sir, I wouldn’t make presumptions about others like that. Why ever would you ask something like that?” I asked making my eyes bigger with faked innocence.

“Cut the cute shit!” he said.

“You think I’m cute that is so SWEET!” I said and started to walk away. He wasn’t having that. As I went to pass him he grabbed my shoulders and gently slammed me against the side of my car smashing his lips to mine. His lips were soft, warm and pliant against mine. His arms locked on my shoulders made my knees weak at his gentle strength. After a minute or an hour hell, I don't know how long we were like that of this intense lip lock he pushed away from me. My breath was coming in soft, short pants from the passion I felt through his kiss. His eyes were blazing with the anger I could feel radiate from his body.

“Now you wanna explain to me why ya would send me to a ‘clothing optional’ camp filled with nothing but men?!” he demanded. His anger was still seething through each word as I was still trying to make my brain come up with rational thoughts other than taking him home and seeing what’s under those clothes of his.

“Um, I-I,” I started to try to come up with an explanation but words were failing me when all I wanted to do was curl around him for the rest of my life. If he could do that with an angry kiss what could he do when he was turned on?

“You know what forget it. It was a bitch move to do to a new comer to town. But now I guess you at least know I am far from gay judging by the look on your face,” he said with disgust plain in his eyes. Instead of saying anything I turned and got in my car and drove home as fast as I possibly could manage.

=======================================================================

Comments Questions suggestions... I rated this R but I might change my mind...not sure where this one is headed yet.