Chapter 3- Lakehouse Lies

Dedicated to kauigirl because I am a fan of her work!!

========================================================================

Chapter 3

Rhetta POV

Today is my and Brian’s third anniversary of our first date. The entire last month, I have been racking my brain trying to think of a good gift for him. Since he loves going to the lake so much and he is there with his brother again this weekend, I am going to surprise him and show up with food, wine, and some sexy wear. Maybe this can be a turning point in our relationship. When we first started dating he was unbelievably a gentleman; he opened doors for me, he was charming and playful, and when he asked me to move in after 6 months he had set up a dinner he fixed himself with candles, the works. He was too good to be true and you know what they say.

 Then after I moved in with him somehow I became a liability to him. First it started with putting me down about what I wore and how I done practically everything, even in our bedroom. The worst thing he has ever done was about a year ago. We found out we were going to have a baby and I was thrilled, I thought this is what we needed to patch things up. I would mean more to him now that I was having his child. That was the first night he actually punched me as well as the first time he forced himself on me. I was devastated the next day when my body spontaneously aborted the baby. I am not sure if it was the beating he gave me or if my body just wouldn’t support the baby. Since then it has been a devastating hell of a relationship with him and I just want the old Brian back. The sweet,caring gentleman he was. Well, today I just have this feeling that things are going to be better. If I try harder I know I can make him happy again. We can be what we were in the beginning.

The first thing I have to do is run by the firehouse and tell daddy I will be out of range for a couple of days. He worries if I don’t answer my phone. That man is like superman to me; he can do anything and he puts everything he has into loving. My mother was treated like a queen until her death when I was just 16. Walking into the firehouse the guys start cat calling and no they aren’t pigs they are just trying to annoy my father and as usual it worked well.

“Alright that’s enough unless someone wants to lose their job or their babymaker,” daddy yelled out over their whistling. Laughing, I ran over to daddy and hugged him. His hug was firm enough to cause a little pain left over from my still healing body but I refused to flinch. So far I have managed to keep the beatings and bruise a secret from him. Whenever Brian leaves visible marks I hold up in bed calling everyone who would come check on me and tell them I am ill and need to be left alone. Daddy is so busy with the firehouse that he never questions anything I say rather he takes every word as the gospel. As I pull away from dad, I could feel someone watching so I look toward where I feel it coming from and as I did so did dad.

“Alessandro don’t you have something to do besides ogle my daughter?” Daddy barked. Alessandro nodded and left.

“I swear that boy has his eye on you, baby girl. Stay clear of him. I don’t know much about him other than he is from up north, but I know you wouldn’t want anything to come between you and Brian. Has that boy proposed yet?” Daddy interrogated.

“Daddy what have I told you about that? But actually that is what I came to talk to you about. I am going to surprise him by going to the lake house with him this weekend so you won’t be able to get me on my cell, okay?” I asked.

“How did you get that bruise on your cheek honey?” he asked. Knowing he would believe my story because of my history of being extremely clumsy I began another lie to my father.

“Ah man it was awful daddy you know how clumsy I am, I was trying to rush down the stairs and lost my footing near the bottom and hit my face on the banister. It hurt really bad,” I said like it was no big deal

“Honey, what are we gonna do with you. We need to wrap you in that bubble stuff,” he said jokingly. I smiled playing my part.

“Alright sweetie, how about your old man take you out to lunch?” he asked.

“Sorry, I really got to get a move on if I want to surprise him. I am even taking a cab so he doesn’t see my car at the house,” I told dad. He smiled thoughtfully, “You are so much like your mother was.”

“I know,” I said sadly. Hugging dad one more time I made my way back home to pack a bag.

Excitment was vibrating through every bone in my body so much so that I was literally bouncing on the seat of the cab on the way to the lake house. Once we arrived I paid the cabby and took my stuff in the lake house. It looks just like I remember. The bare antique wood floors were rustic but perfect. The décor was very sparse with gingham curtains on every window and just the basic necessities in each room. Going to the bedroom I smelled vanilla. Hmm, the guys must’ve finally bought an air freshener like I told them too.

 It usually smells like old musty furniture. Throwing my suitcase on the bed I walked over to the chest of drawers and opened the top to put my under garments in but there was some already in there and let me tell you they are trashy. Ugh! That James has some nasty taste in women. Grabbing my bag off of the bed I make my way to the guest bedroom and put my things away.

The next couple of hours I cooked and cleaned the cabin. That way when the guys come home they can eat and relax and then maybe Brian will be in a good mood for our anniversary. I heard the jeep pulling into the gravel drive and I could taste the anticipation. Walking to the window to make certain it was the guys I pulled the curtain to the side for a better view. Brian got out of the driver’s side and walked around the jeep, which I thought was weird until he opened the passenger door. A very leggy blonde exited the jeep. I was powerless to do anything but watch as he pushed her against the side of the jeep kissing all over her body, his hands sliding under her skimpy dress.

 A gasp/sob left my lips as I prepared to confront the lying, cheating man I called mine. There was a bang into the door which I assume was him making out with the woman against the door. She was clung onto his neck as they entered the cabin her giggling and him saying, “Woman I am going to show you what it’s like to be loved until you can’t walk.” How cliché, he couldn’t even come up with a unique line for her. Although it was cute and funny at first his loving was just anything but love.

“Brian,” I said simply purposely keeping my voice void of any emotion. He turned and looked beyond shocked to see me standing there.

“What the hell are you doing here?” he yelled causing the girl on his neck to flinch as he flung her away from his body.

“I came to surprise you for our anniversary, but it looks like I am the one who got the surprise,” I said to him and then looked to the girl on the floor.

“Sweetie, I am sure you had no idea the man was taken but he is all yours now, enjoy,” I said sarcastically at the end.

“Brian what is she talking about…anniversary,” the girl asked. We both looked to him.

“Get out!” he yelled at the girl who began to cry hysterically.

“But Brian we are together. I am having your baby and you said you loved me!” she screamed at him. As they were arguing I ran to the jeep and sped off leaving nothing but dust in my wake.

=======================================================================

Well what should she do now folks?