Chapter 9-Panic and Paperwork

pic on side is Lance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9

Just as Taylor and Alessandro were trying to get over their simultaneous shock a very tall and very blonde guy walked out of Dad’s office. He walked with very fluid strides straight to me looking me over like I was a crystal vase. It was not a turn off per se but it was slightly uncomfortable.

“Hey, I’m Lance and you must be Rhetta,” he said with what can only be described as a surfer accent. He looked the part too. He was wearing dark jeans and a white button up shirt with the top buttons undone showing off the tan skin there. His blonde hair looked strikingly handsome against the contrast of his tanned skin and bright baby blue eyes. As he said my name his hand reached for mine and he lightly brushed his lips over my knuckles. The old-fashioned gesture made me blush like mad. His sexy smirk let me know he had not missed my furious blush.

“Hi,” I said to my utter embarrassment I couldn’t form words.

“Your father did no justice when he told me how beautiful you were. I am one lucky dude,” he said sincerely as he slid his arm around my waist.

“Are you ready to go?” Lance asked.

“Yeah, yeah I think I am,” I said truthfully.

“Sweet!” he said with a ton of enthusiasm. I could tell by his demeanor that tonight would not be boring. Now, I was almost excited about going. I mean here I am with an extremely hot guy, the kind of guy every girl dreams about at night, and he thinks I am beautiful.

Rhetta’s Dad POV

Darn! If anything would get that boy’s head out of his ass I thought sending the girl on a date with someone who looked like competition would break him. Instead he sat there with Taylor them both looking like a couple of lumps on a log. Ah! Well maybe this date will at the very least boost her self-esteem and her mood. Terry still thinks this whole idea was a bad idea, but what could it hurt to pay a guy to go on a date with my baby girl if it helps her out. I still can’t believe it costs $400.00 for a simple date, man those call services are expensive but my little girl is worth every penny if it makes her happy again.

Rhetta’s POV

“Um, I feel like I should at least ask if my father told you about the stalking issue I have been having lately?” I asked Lance. Looking at him I still cannot get over how perfect this guy seems. He opened my door to the car and helped me in. He has seemed interested the whole time, not talking about himself but rather listening and encouraging me to go on and on about myself.

“Yeah don’t worry I can protect you with these,” he said flexing his bicep muscles for me causing me to laugh. I mean really laugh like I haven’t done in I don’t even know when.

“I didn’t mean to protect me. I just meant…I mean, is it really worth all the trouble to take me out on a date knowing that my ex is well psychotic?” I asked.

“Are you kidding me right now? Look at you! I would walk the fire coals just to get to you woman! Damn, you have no idea how hot you really are. You know your Dad told me you have basically been hiding out in that firehouse and man, I am lucky you did or I would have a hell of a lot of competition for your attention tonight,” he said so smoothly I had to wonder if this guy was for real. I mean he has to be some woman-pleasing robot made just for me. The rest of the night went much the same; he made me laugh, blush, and turned me on with his thoughtful comments and full attention. Even when a super hot girl would walk by us he never even strayed an eye from our conversation. He made me feel like I was the only other person on the planet with him. After we had finished our night we pulled back into the firehouse parking lot, quite late. He suddenly turned to me.