Chapter 4-Axes and Oafs

Dedication goes to author MeganLockhart because I fell in love with her black knight:)

============================================================

Chapter 4

As I was driving my emotions were all over the place and I knew I shouldn’t be driving, but I had to get away…at least far enough that he couldn’t find me. All of this time, I have went through the beatings, the sexual abuse, along with the emotional torture he put me through because I thought there would be a light at the end of the tunnel. My need for his love was so much that I was willing to put up with anything. What am I going to do now? Driving as fast as possible I made it home in no time, packed one bag with whatever my hands touched and high-tailed it out of that house. Climbing into my car, I realized that I have nowhere to go. If I go to Dad he will want answers…answers I am not ready for yet myself because I am not sure what they are. There is only one person I can count on in a time of need like this. Dialing the number, I started my car as I turned on the Bluetooth speaker praying he wouldn’t be angry with me.

“Hello,” Taylor my high school best-friend answered. I am not sure how he will react to talking to me because I haven’t spoke with him in more than a year due to the fact that Brian didn’t allow male friends.

“Tay, it’s me, Etta,” I said cautiously.

“Are you being let out of prison or something?” he said snarkily. I guess I was wrong about counting on him.

“Look I am sorry I called, forget it,” I said hanging up quickly and banging my head on the steering wheel. Knowing that Brian is furious and probably on his way here, I pull from my driveway and onto the road. Spending several hours on the road I decided I have no choice but to go to Dad. My nerves began to get the best of me as I parked in the lot of the firehouse. Checking myself in the mirror I wiped my fingers under my eyes to remove the black smudges of yesterday’s makeup. Sneaking in the back door because I didn’t feel like hearing the guys mess with Dad, not today. As I barged into his office I was shocked and totally grossed out by what I saw. My Dad had Terry on his lap as he sat in his chair practically eating her face off.

“Oh God, I’m so sorry,” I said as I was starting to run back out the door.

“No wait Rhetta!” Dad said halting my movements.

“I should’ve told you before but Terry and I have been seeing each other for a while. She was afraid to tell you because she didn’t want you to hate her,” dad said very rushed as Terry’s face was blood red from fear and embarrassment.

“Terry, I love you just as much as I always have. Nothing will change that. You were Momma’s best-friend and you stood by her until the day she died. She would be very happy to see the two of you happy together,” I said with joy and sadness plaguing me all at once. At least someone is in a good relationship.

“Oh sweetie I just didn’t want you to think badly of me because you felt like I was betraying your mother’s memory,” she said with big tears in her eyes. I walked to her and gave her a hug.

“No kissing on my cheek after having old man germs though,” I teased her and they both began laughing. After talking about them for a while Dad brought up why I was here.

“So kiddo whatcha doing here?” he asked. They both looked at me curiously and my nerves were instantly frayed again.

“I left Brian last night. I went to surprise him at the lake and he was with another woman. Things have been bad between us for some time now and I was just hanging on for dear life,” I told them.

“You are coming to stay with your old man then?” he asked. I can't believe he is taking this so calm, but at least it makes it easier for me. Dad lived in a huge apartment in the back of the firehouse.

“Yeah, is that’s okay?” I posed.

“You’re always welcome at home honey. You wanna talk about what happened?” he asked.

“Not really. I just want him to stay away and leave me alone and then I need to get all of my stuff back soon,” I said and they both nodded.

“You know if you decide you need to talk about it I’m always here for you,” Terry said.

“Thanks, I love you both. I am going to go take a rest for a while I drove most of the night,” I told them.

Alessandro’s POV

“Hey boys gather round the table I want to have a little meeting,” I heard the chief say over the loud speaker. After everyone had settled in at the table the chief began talking again.

“Alright men just a fair warning to everyone sitting here. My daughter will be staying with me for some time and I am not sure how long that will be,” some of the guys at this point started saying shit like “yeah” or high fiving each other and by this point, I knew they messed with him about his daughter because they talked about how funny it was to get him going, but it still pissed me off to no end. The chief put a stop to them quick though.

“That’s enough! Most of you know Brian and well things have gone south for them and he is not allowed within 50 feet of my little girl; unless she says otherwise. Is that understood? Another word of warning if any of you so much as make a pass, lewd comment, or touch her inappropriately, I will see to it that you never have to concern yourself with fathering children because that part of your anatomy will be non-existent,” Chief said sternly causing all of us to flinch especially me who can’t see being in the same vicinity as that hot ass woman without at least trying to make her mine.

An hour later...

Brandon, one of the other firemen, went to answer the door as someone had buzzed the door bell. We were all on high alert since the chief gave orders. I walked up with Brandon to answer the door. There was a guy about my height but skinnier all decked out in an expensive suit that probably cost more than my truck.

“I’m here to talk to Rhetta and I already know she is here so don’t play with me man,” the guy who I am now guessing is Brian says rudely.

“Really are you now? Well just to let you know douche she is here and you aren’t going near her unless she makes that call,” Brandon said as he went to shut the door. Before he could get it snapped shut Brian put his foot in the doorway. Pushing the door, he forced his way in the. Brandon looked like he was going to rip his head off so I stepped up. Putting my hand on his chest I pushed him back out the door.

“Look dude you have been warned and this is a city building. If necessary we can use brute force,” I said emphasizing my point by throwing the axe I had been carrying over my shoulder.

“Whatever I will be back for her or she will come to me eventually. You oafs will not keep me from my woman,” he said as he got in his shiny car and spun out.

 ===================================================================

Well Mr. Brian isn't going away quietly is he...