Chapter 13-Gorgeous Nurse

Hello my friends out there in wattpadland. Here is another installment of CHW. Not much action but some important interaction of characters. Muwah XOXO ;)

==========================================================

Chapter 13

At that slight whisper everything I had in my arms dropped to the floor and I ran to him, nearly falling in the water that splashed from the tub.

“Alessandro, oh my God I love you so much. Thank you for not leaving me. I love you!” I said as I kissed all over his smoothly shaven face.   

“What happened? All I remember is Brian pointing a gun at me,” he said. I relayed the whole story to him about Brian shooting him and the aftermath of it. It was difficult to understand his words for the machines hooked up to him.

“How do you feel?” I asked worried.

“Well, sore as hell. Getting shot sucks,” he said with a wince as he tried to sit up.

“Well I told you what happened but there’s more,” I told him.

“Like what?” he asked.

“You have been in a coma for over two months, which could explain some of the soreness,” I said.

“Shit,” was all he said back to me. A deep sense of sadness crossed his face in what I can only imagine is the emotional turmoil of finding out you have lost part of your life. Suddenly, a thought occurred to me and I pushed the nurses’ button. Just a few minutes later a nurse came in to check on him.

“Well, it’s good to see you back among us Mr. Acciai,” she said as she smiled a little too brightly at him, if you ask me. She began removing the unnecessary equipment from him.

“It’s good to be back even though I didn’t know I was gone,” he told her with an equally bright smile that I wanted to smack off his face.

“Your vitals all seem fine. The doctor will be in soon to check on you himself until then I must insist that you lie still and not get out of your bed. If I have to I can restrain you to the bed,” she told him with a glint in her eye that told me she wasn’t talking about his condition anymore. I cleared my throat and she looked at me sheepishly and quickly left the room. Walking to the sink I grabbed him a glass of water and put it to his lips for him to drink. After he quenched his thirst he sighed.

“Jealous much?” he asked. Oh that little devil he flirted with her on purpose.

“No, why on earth would I be jealous?” I posed as nonchalant as humanly possible with a jealous rage running through every vein in my body.

“Maybe because when I woke up you smothered me in kisses and told me you love me more than once I might add,” he said doing his best to not laugh at me but his smile said it all.

“I said that? Are you sure? I mean I’m sure it will take a while for your cognition to be stable,” I told him with a smile of my own. “Besides, if I were to be jealous of someone, I believe she is the wrong gender. After all don’t you frequent Springs Crick campgrounds?” I asked not bothering to stifle my uproarious laughter. He glared at me and playfully with a spark of amusement in his eyes said, “Just wait till I can get out of this bed, you will pay for that remark.”

“Umhm,” was the only remark I could say before the door burst open revealing both of his parents. The relief on their faces was tangible. His mother started speaking in what I assume to be Italian, but I didn’t need to know what the words meant to understand what she was saying to her baby boy.

“Yes Momma, I am fine. The doctor is supposed to be in any minute to check on me or at least that’s what this gorgeous nurse told me a few minutes ago,” he told his Pam with a fake dreamy look on his face, just as I felt the jealousy rear its ugly head once again his mother hauled off and smacked the top of his head.

“Ow, Momma what the heck was that for?” he cried out.

“Oh il suo, I am so sorry but you will not disrespect your lady in front of your mother,” she said scolding at the same time hugging him and apologizing. I have a feeling I have a lot to learn about his family life that is if he wants to be with me.

Over the next several weeks Alessandro went through some intensive physical therapy and was slowly regaining his strength and movement. He decided today he was up to visitation with everyone. He wanted them to all know how well he was doing.

 ============================================================

Commentary below Por favor?